Talk

Advanced search

Magnetic Paint

(8 Posts)
NotanOtter Mon 26-Feb-07 19:53:36

Am planning on using this in my new house
I want a really decent one which is nice and strong and really holds things withought being lumpy
Any one got experience of brands and has one they can recommend?
tia

NotanOtter Mon 26-Feb-07 20:17:31

i really love magnetic paint dont you?

Twiglett Mon 26-Feb-07 20:21:01

never heard of it... is it a ronseal name?

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 20:23:10

Can't remember what sort we used, but definitely apply it with a roller (or possibly one of those foam brush things) rather than an ordinary paintbrush - it looks much better and more even (and when it's more even, the magnets hold better).

I think the more coats you do, the better things will stick. I did 2 coats, and the ones I did downstairs in the study with a roller work OK, but not so well upstairs in DD's room, which I did with a brush.

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 20:23:51

If you google, all the links seem to be for the same paint, no matter who sells it. There must be more than one sort, mustn't there?

NotanOtter Tue 27-Feb-07 18:30:50

thanks for the tips
Yes i did wonder about a few coats- that roller tip is an idea as well
does it look lumpy Jackie?
Twig its paint that you put under emulsion and then you can put magnets on your wall

JackieNo Tue 27-Feb-07 19:16:43

Yes, it is a bit lumpy. Even in the study, where I put it on with a roller, and so it's more even, it still looks a bit like artex or something. We put a frame round the bit we'd painted with some mouldings, which means that it doesn't look so strange, but haven't done that in DD's room. You also need to give it a really, really good stir before you start painting - I guess basically it's paint with a load of iron filings in, and they do sink to the bottom.

NotanOtter Tue 27-Feb-07 19:18:37

good idea will shake tub and stand it on its head for a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now