Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boring I know...sorry...but can anyone suggest....

(7 Posts)
chocolateshoes Sun 25-Feb-07 19:44:53

a good drawer lock for our kitchen cupboards. I've already tried 2 different style - one from mMothercare which has a sort of clip - but we can't get our fingers to it because of the overhang of the worktop, and another sort - a magnetic one - the maggnet isn't strong enough to get through the facia of the drawer! Grrrr.. Need to do something urgently

chocolateshoes Sun 25-Feb-07 19:45:52

lots of spelling mistakes! oops! Am blaming DP who was moving sofa around whilst I was trying to type!

chocolateshoes Sun 25-Feb-07 19:59:40

buuuuuuuump!

SenoraPostrophe Sun 25-Feb-07 20:02:36

we had that problem. dh stuck a bit of wood to the drawer such that the overhang wouldn't be a problem. but then the lock broke anyway.

you could try those flexible fridge locks though. one of those worked for us for a few months (also broke after a while though). hang on, I'll have a look.

snowleopard Sun 25-Feb-07 20:04:44

I use IKEA ones (clip style) and fix them to the side or bottom of the cupboard instead.

SenoraPostrophe Sun 25-Feb-07 20:12:24

ok - can't find a pic, but this sounds like the thing I mean. (L004 on this page). It's a strip of flexible plastic and a sort of button - you fit one bit to the bottom of the work-top overhang and the other bit to the inside of the drawer.

chocolateshoes Sun 25-Feb-07 20:28:12

That sounds about right Senorapostrophe - thanks. I notice there's also an oven lock that might be worth getting. Ds is into everything now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now