Advanced search

WASHING MACHINE bosch or LG HELP!

(18 Posts)
mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 12:47:36

desperate to order a new washer/dryer machine and cant work out which is better

Bosch 1260 5kg

or

LG 12331 AD 7kg

do you have either or can you help anyway.

thanks

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 12:49:05

I have a silver bosch, not a washer/dryer though. It's really good have had no problems at all. Sorry not much help why don't you google it?

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 12:49:58

will that give me more info on them?? thanks for replying

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 12:51:45

um, it might come up with things about that particular model or something like 'this machine has s dogey door as eg. Which one do you prefer??

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 13:11:48

the LG one is £600 in currys and £379 in
Co-op - and i love a bargain - also got a bigger drum 7kg.

but have heard good things about bosch.

will try on google and see if it shows anything up.

also dont know whether to take out the extra cover thingy they offer - it says extra 5 years but if it already had 2 years manufacturer cover - is it only 3 years really you get?

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:14:34

i got mine from currys. and took a policy out so if they can't fix it in two day I get a new machine. If the lg one has a bigger drum that sounds good. good luck with which one you decide on.

sniff Sun 25-Feb-07 13:16:04

I have a bosch it doesnt have a quick wash and takes ages to do a cycle

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 13:17:40

ohh.. im always doing quick washes - something to look at.

katzg Sun 25-Feb-07 13:18:27

we've got an LG on order, what sodlit for us was the drum directly driven not being belt driven so the machine is much quieter. oh yes and it was on a super deal in the Jan sales! so nearly £200 for the same spec machine as the bosch.

sniff Sun 25-Feb-07 13:22:24

to be honest I hope I dont upset anyone who likes them but my bosch is crap all round it takes nearly 2 hours for a cycle the on/ off button has already broke off and its noisy and it wasnt cheap

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 13:31:50

has anyone got an LG already - are they quite new? i remember my neighbour saying i couldnt have any LG fridge in my kitchen!!!!!

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 13:33:07

katz - can i ask is it the LGW WDI 2331 Ad - stupid question really as this is a washer/dryer - did you read good reports on them

pooka Sun 25-Feb-07 13:33:47

I've got an LG washing machine and also an LG tumbledryer.

Have had the washing machine for about 3 years and the tubmle dryer a bit less.

Like them both. Easy to use, no problems and large load capacity. Manuals available on-line.

katzg Sun 25-Feb-07 13:40:16

its only a wasing macine and its the wm12336fd 1200. had gone to buy a bosch but the sales guy said that LG were as good but cheaper and also had this direct drive feature. Didn't doany research but the Lg model we went for only cost £295

mysonsmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 13:42:27

thanks the LG also has the cycle thing where the water comes in 3 different part of the drum - better for clothes apparently called 3d cycle. my minds made up at last - well until i go to order it!! thanks everyone.

katzg Sun 25-Feb-07 13:42:47

this one

zippitippitoes Sun 25-Feb-07 13:45:17

our tv is lg I think they make lots of stuff used to do it in other names and now use their own iyswim

JillyBaby Thu 01-Mar-07 08:45:47

A good website for advice on washing machines is here . It's written by an independent washing machine engineer. I looked at it recently when we bought an LG washer dryer. I think he rates both LG and Bosch fairly highly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now