Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BROADBAND AGAIN... who are you with and are they any good???

(15 Posts)
prettymum Sat 24-Feb-07 23:04:26

i now have my mac number and ready to move to another braodband- cant have sky broadband as its not in my area

so please can you comment on your broadband to help me choose- i need wireless too

thankyou

prettymum Sat 24-Feb-07 23:26:30

please anyone??

Moomin Sat 24-Feb-07 23:28:07

Am on orange (used to be freeserve and then wanadoo) and have had no problems at all. Would like to switch to Virgin though eventually because of their whole media package.

littlelapin Sat 24-Feb-07 23:30:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzer Sat 24-Feb-07 23:46:41

I would completely recommend Zen for Macs as they have full support. Not mega cheap but amazing cust service, small company so really quick. We've had no probs with our wireless set up (airport) It is amazing! Best thing - only sign up monthly - no 12 month contracts.. I would never move though, they're great. We get £17.99 package and if we go over the download limit (not often) we buy a gig for a couple of quid. Check it out at www.zen.co.uk (sorry too tired to do link) lots of luck

Kevlarhead Mon 26-Feb-07 11:18:51

http://www.adslguide.com/

V. useful

Kevlarhead Mon 26-Feb-07 11:20:37

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Ignore last post; adslguide.org.uk had changed their name since I last looked

FluffyMummy123 Mon 26-Feb-07 11:21:21

Message withdrawn

oliveoil Mon 26-Feb-07 11:21:46

BT

no problems as yet

mummylin2495 Mon 26-Feb-07 11:25:23

ntl few poblems but always easily sorted out .and we run two comps and dont pay anymore as we have them on a router.

charlieq Mon 26-Feb-07 11:27:38

DON'T even consider pipex homecall
they are absolutely worse than useless. Customer 'service' beyond appalling, Kafkaesque dispute with them still ongoing 6 months after applying to cancel account.

ntl seem ok but a lot of them seem to have atrocious customer 'service' issues (have not tried ntl as yet)

Lucycat Mon 26-Feb-07 11:28:07

The only problem we're going to find with ntl / Virgin is that SKY are being arsey and won't let us have some of their TV channels anymore...

so if you're thinking of a complete media package then consider that.

apart from that ntl have been fine for us.

zippitippitoes Mon 26-Feb-07 11:30:46

I was ok with TIScali until recent events but with due diligence and conmtacting my local paper i did get 100.00 cheque and the number of a top complaints person

and i seem also to have another 100.00 credited to my acc ount

i did get a peice in the local paper which mil read but i was too embarrassed to

bakedpotato Mon 26-Feb-07 11:30:47

telewest (now virgin I think)
unreliable, twice recently have lost b/b connection for 2/3 days
Customer support people tell the most terrible lies to get you off the phone

lynniep Mon 26-Feb-07 11:33:34

We're on talk talk. And actually, although I initially thought 'oh god what have I done' its been fine so far.
No probs and cheap.
I signed up in November, (new home, so no switching from another BB provider) had land line fairly quickly, but took until end of Jan to get the BB line. Biggest issue was that they failed about 3 times to get our modem to us, but now its here, seems ok - no connection issues. I can't compare the service because I've never had the internet before, but fingers crossed it stays working as customer services arent great (understatement there!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now