Talk

Advanced search

Anglian conservatories - anyone got any experience of one?

(4 Posts)
LucyJu Sat 24-Feb-07 20:03:41

We are haviong a new conservatory built (old one just about falling down). Surprisingly enough, the quote from Anglian was one of the most competitive so, before I go ahead and order it, I was wondering if anyone had any experience (good or bad) of this company....

horsemadgal Sat 24-Feb-07 23:43:24

I've just moved into a new house and the windows are Anglian. There's a gap and a slight draft coming in my back door and sent someone right away to look at it. The guy said he wasn't sure as they are a new type and he would get back to me. That was in December, I'm still waiting. However to be honest I haven't chased it up, too much going on! You have reminded me to do it.

Pannacotta Mon 26-Feb-07 18:56:17

Have heard some bad reports sorry to say (through my contacts as a designer). Portland are meant to be good, have you tried them? Or perhaps a local company who are keen to get your business?

faustina Wed 28-Feb-07 07:42:21

I also heard bad things about them when attempting the same as you - rebuild of old conservatory. The single most important thing you have to make sure of is that you don't get your conservatory from one place and your builders from another. I heard so many stories of each blaming the other when it went wrong. Choose one company who will do the whole thing. If you are anywhere near Norwich I can recommend Mortons - you can google them for their website. Some stuff did go abit awry but they pulled out all stops to fix it. In fact google any company you are thinking of - especially big national ones, and you might find reviews from sites like ciao (think that's what it's called)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now