Talk

Advanced search

Having to leave home..where should I shop online for bargain furniture etc....?

(11 Posts)
Ulysees Sat 24-Feb-07 09:24:47

TIA

Need wardrobes etc...Don't mind flat pack as I'm pretty nifty with a screwdriver and have friends to help.
Dh is keeping most stuff and kitchen main bedroom etc is fitted so can't take that

BettySpaghetti Sat 24-Feb-07 09:27:22

If you want to save some money and don't mind second hand (even if its to tide you over until you can afford better) it might be worth looking at freecycle -people are forever getting rid of furniture on there and I know people who have got some excellent stuff through it.

yacketyschmackety Sat 24-Feb-07 09:41:03

Hi Ulysees. I have a dining table and five chairs yours for the taking if you want them. The table is collapsible (collapseable?) - able to be collpased.

I'm in Lancashire..bet you're in Dorset or something.

LowFatMilkshake Sat 24-Feb-07 09:44:20

Was going to say Freecycle too. Also check out local large charities. Out helped the Aged has a massive warehouse you can browse round, with niknaks to furniture and everything in between!

Also check local paper for house clearances.

Ulysees Sat 24-Feb-07 09:45:47

Hi thanks yackety, forgot to say I'm taking table. He wouldn't use it anyway
Thanks for the tips xx

yacketyschmackety Sat 24-Feb-07 09:56:31

No worries, I'll donate it, I'll try freecycle! thanks for the tip.

I also found an organisation called Emmaus - they've got several second hand furniture shops across the country..

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peegeeweegee Sat 24-Feb-07 11:20:43

definately ikea.

where are you? I have an ikea ateles extendible child bed and mattress going free if you need it.

are you ok?

Ulysees Sat 24-Feb-07 18:20:01

Hi thanks for the concern. Am ok now, dh staying at his mam's with kids tonight and I'm out with mate and staying at hers so don't have to see him.

I'll check out Ikea and the other shop. Got bunkbeds thanks for the offer though hun xx

A mate will probably run me to Ikea. I've only been once before years ago.

Ulysees Sun 25-Feb-07 14:18:55

Thanks for freecyle tip Betty. May have some bedroom furniture and laminate flooring!!

Ulysees Mon 26-Feb-07 14:21:40

getting chest of drawers from my own town. Just have to sweet talk exdh to take me for them. Means he keeps drawers boys have though so easier for him.

Also may have metal coat rack and shelf for hallway, free from freecyle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now