Talk

Advanced search

so... what's a good sling for ds (tiddly 11 mths)

(12 Posts)
funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 21:18:49

She's been used to a baby bjorn, so reacts badly to not facing forwards, is kind-of-ok on hip. I have a 3yo, so want something that is solid enough if I have to crouch down to adjust wellies/do up buttons etc etc etc
Tried an ergo and she hated it...Have also tried a ring sling and it was ok but it hurt my poor back <<sob>>
TIA

TooTicky Fri 23-Feb-07 21:30:23

Better Baby Slings are fantastic - they are ring slings but they are very well designed - I have had backache with a different ring sling. Also, my dd2 really disliked the Ergo at first but now is fine in it. It did take a few tries.
You could try looking at ebay just to see what is available.

Yarrow Fri 23-Feb-07 21:32:29

I've got a baba sling \link-{babasling.co.uk\ and it works for me wi ds 6mths and dd 3yrs.good luck!

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 21:32:42

Thanks tooticky. I suspect another ring sling might be fine - the one I borrowed didn't spread well on my shoulder, iykwim. Maybe I should nick the ergo again for another try ...

Yarrow Fri 23-Feb-07 21:35:10

oops, that link thing didnt work. try again but had half a glass of cider and feel pie-eyed. Me a breastfeeding mother an all....

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 21:36:31

goggled it - thanks yarrow - get back to your cider, woman

TooTicky Fri 23-Feb-07 21:36:33

Oh, the Better Baby Sling is extremely good at spreading over the shoulder because it had a pad there.

Yarrow Fri 23-Feb-07 21:49:57

how DO you do that link thing? never mind, thanks Funny but if I drink any more I will be sick. It's not like the old days before kids. any way, thought I would say that there is a company based in edinburgh that does these gorgeous slings that are all made of wonderful coloured fabrics , but cant remember name (too pissed) but will try and find out....good night

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 21:52:09

blimey yarrow - cheap date - oh, and you missed out the final \description} on your link

Yarrow Fri 23-Feb-07 22:17:15

BACK! did I mention it was a large half glass and that it's westons Organic 7.3 % cider. huuuh. so there.
want to start a new thread but cant figure out how to?? where do I click?

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 22:19:42

If in this topic (ie products) go to top of thread, at rhs there is a 'start new thread in this topic' option. otherwise, go to topics, choose topic you want, there's a start new thread option.
<<note to self, buy some of that Westons stuff, is clearly v.v. effective...>>

Yarrow Fri 23-Feb-07 22:24:09

oh yes, it;s all coming back.. very very effective stuff....god whats happened to me, my friday nights are a glass of cider and a computer.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now