Talk

Advanced search

coorie baby sling

(17 Posts)
skirmish Fri 23-Feb-07 12:44:59

does anyone have any experience of using this kind of sling? I'm travelling to Oz when my ds will be 5mths, so am looking for something easy and lightweight (that folds down to nothing) to use at the airport and during stop-overs when we won't have the stroller. It looks easy enough, but thought i'd check the wisdom of mn! also, any recommendations for a decent stroller? am currently looking at the m & p pulse.
thanks

skirmish Fri 23-Feb-07 12:46:31

forgot to add, that he is a smallish baby in terms of weight, but quite long (on the 75th centile for height, but only 9th for weight) though what he will be in 8wks might be different!

Marscentio Fri 23-Feb-07 12:50:00

Soupy (soupdragon) raves about hers.

skirmish Fri 23-Feb-07 12:51:26

thanks mars...have a tomy one already but ds gets himself in a state at us trying to get him in and out, so not very practical at an airport methinks!

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 12:52:26

(No experience of the coorie, but I will say that you think you want a Pulse but what you really want is a Maclaren Techno XT. Promise .)

skirmish Fri 23-Feb-07 12:54:32

thanks mrsbadger...always thought of the maclarens as everyone seems to have one (therefore they must be good ) but £159 seems a bit pricey to pay for something that might get bashed up in luggage holds! is it very sturdy?

Marscentio Fri 23-Feb-07 12:54:43

here's one endorsement from soupy

Marscentio Fri 23-Feb-07 12:57:06

and another

If you click search mumsnet and put coorie sling in and under nickname soupdragon there are a few more endorsements for you.

hth

Nemo2007 Fri 23-Feb-07 12:58:57

I have a freedom sling from ebay made by a wahm which I think is the same thing but half the price. Basically a piece of cloth with a ring. I love mine it was great for DD1 and currently use it for DD2 or DD1 depending on the need. IT can hold my 3yr old comfortably aswell. I am a larger woman with big boobs and it is one of the only slings I found very comfortable to wear. I actually have it on right now with DD2 in it.

saralou100 Fri 23-Feb-07 12:59:15

i'll second the techno xt... i love mine.. so easy to carry, folds easy (shopping basket a bit of a pain though)

don't know about slings.. i just know i hate my current one!

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 12:59:31

They are sturdy and you can get a wheeled travel bag for £25 to protect them as well, but I guess if it's your second / spare pushchair and you have one at home as well then it might be a bit pricey. Actually if he's 5mo you could go for the (lighter, cheaper) Quest or Triumph.

Normally you can gatecheck strollers and may be able to access them during stopovers (but I've guessed you've checked with the airline already).

skirmish Fri 23-Feb-07 12:59:44

thanks mars...did a search but those didn't come up

can i just say how fantastic this site is (i'm new ;)) and it is so helpful...feel a mn addiction coming on!

Nemo2007 Fri 23-Feb-07 13:07:17

Also meant to add for light stroller toys r us do one of their own suitable from birth think its the alpine stroller and is as good as maclaren but half the price think it is £69

Marscentio Fri 23-Feb-07 13:10:37

skirmish... don't fight it. The addiction is harmless..... go with the flow.....

<<mars goes all weird-eyed and sways gently>>

LaDiDaDi Fri 23-Feb-07 13:13:21

I had a coorie and I absolutely loved it when dd was little but probably haven't used it since she was about 6 months.

If you are handy with a sewing machine I'm sure that you could make one yourself as it's just a really simple shape.

accessorizewithbabysick Sat 24-Feb-07 22:42:39

Nemo, you should be on commission, i ordered a freedom sling last night after being nearly decided on a kimmer!

horsemadgal Sat 24-Feb-07 23:39:36

I used my coorie with DS until he was about 18 months, they are fab.
Just a note about sizing, I'm a size 18 and need a small in the fleece ones as they stretch a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now