Talk

Advanced search

How many car seats do you actually have?

(23 Posts)
Hulababy Fri 23-Feb-07 08:46:08

Reading through the other threads on cars seats I have come to realise that we have loads of car seats - four in fact, despite having just one child, lol! DD is in the booster seat with back style seat now. We have:

1. a Jane Indy Plus (isofix) in my car - for DD

2. a Britax HiLiner in DH's car - for DD

3. a Britax HiLiner in my car - for DD's friends as we have at least 1-2 play dates a week so made sense (this was the seat in PILs car from before she started school and went their once a week)

4. a Britax booster cushion only in boot of DH's car - he very very occasionally takes the little girl who lives near us to school, emergencies really, and was pain swapping seats and couldn't use the parents as they needed it for journey home, so have this in boot.

The second Britax HiLiner is new - got it this week, reduced to £39.99 in Halfords. We did have a second Jane but the isofix bit under the eat base somehow broke and became detached and was left in a taxi; couldn't get it back(!) but would have been no good anyway as damaged.

I can't be the only one with multiple car seats per child, can I?!

throckenholt Fri 23-Feb-07 08:49:13

um - we have 8 ! But we have 3 kids, 2 cars and have recently moved one child up to the next stage seat so have his two old ones as spare. So that probably amount to £600-700 pounds worth of car seats - eeekkkk!

JARM Fri 23-Feb-07 08:51:09

1 each for my 2.

Hulababy Fri 23-Feb-07 09:03:50

It's mad isn't it throckenholt - the cost I mean. It means that right now we have over £200 worth of car seats (cheaper as bought in sales) - and just lost one that was £100. That is without thinking of the other two prior to that - another £250!

Piffle Fri 23-Feb-07 09:08:39

britiax rock a tot from when dd (4) was baby
bebe confort iseos (0-4 seat) from when rockatot broke my back
dd now has a booster with the car seat belt.
We have just bought a maxi cosi cabrio for the new baby as it fits our pram and the seat performed better in car tests.

geogteach Fri 23-Feb-07 09:10:44

We have 5 for 3 kids and my car has 2 built in,oh and both sets of grandparents have one booster cushion, it is mad.

throckenholt Fri 23-Feb-07 09:34:45

one of the hidden costs of twins - you can't use handmedowns form older siblings.

With DS1 we had one carseat and used to swap it between cars - but when the twins came along 18 months later the thought of swapping 3 car seats every time was more than I could face.

At one stage we bought 5 second stage seats at the same time - the delivery man was bemused .

Now we are getting to the other end of them - and I am not sure what to do with the darn things - they are still in good condition (2-3 years old) and I would definitely use them again if I had younger kids. Hence two spares sitting in the house - can't face taking them to the tip.

Hulababy Fri 23-Feb-07 09:38:19

I sold mine throkenholt. I sold the first stage one to an online friend last year having hung onto it not sure what to do. Sold the second stage one, our Britax isofix Duo to a RL friend.

LIZS Fri 23-Feb-07 09:43:03

atm still have a Rock a Tot in the attic, Freeway and very basic booster cushion (acquired in exchange having left ours in a taxi in Majorca!)as a spare, Evolva 123 Ultra and Maxi Cosi Rodi in use in car. About to get a 2nd car so may need to review and will check if dd has reached 15kg yet .

SNOWBall4girlz Fri 23-Feb-07 09:51:24

no Hula you are not alone
we have two hi back booster seats
two normal booster seats
one britaxeclipse
one britax freeway
one primio vaggio outgrown
one car seat in
granma s porch 9-4 yrs
1 booster seat same place
plus acar seat in granmas car
btw I have a6 yr 4yr and an almost 2yr old
( we have family car and a run about for my hubby with one cr seat permanently in britax freeway)

foxtrot Fri 23-Feb-07 09:56:02

never stopped to think about but:
Have a jane matrix stashed away as it goes with my pushchair
a rockatot - not sure where this is tho', lent it to someone
Currrently in use - two freeways and a hiliner (that's one per child) and DH has a booster in his car for occasional use.
That's 6.

littlelapin Fri 23-Feb-07 09:57:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 23-Feb-07 12:57:39

3 carseats for 2 children - 2 x Maxi Cosi Priori XPs (in use) and 1 x Chicco rear-facing carseat that goes with our travel system (not in use).

tassis Fri 23-Feb-07 13:02:44

We have 2 children but only one car and have 3 and are about to purchases 4th.

We have:
mamas and papas primmo viagio that dd uses

britax renaissance that ds (almost 4)used until recently

he now prefers the slightly lower other britax (freeway I think) that we bought for dh's car when we were a 2 car family. we've found having 2 this stage very useful for friends.

we're about to buy a brirax hiliner - great to know they're cheap in Halfords atm, thatnks Hula!

NuttyMuffins Fri 23-Feb-07 13:04:48

3 seats, 2 boosters and 1 booster with a back.

3 Kids the right amount of seats, BUT I don't actually have a car and can't drive.

Gobbledigook Fri 23-Feb-07 13:13:27

I've got

1 Britax Rock-a-Tot (up to 9m)
2 Britax Eclipse (9m-4yrs)
2 Britax Highliner (high backed boosters)
3 base only booster seats

BosworthBear Mon 26-Feb-07 21:33:31

MMM...

1 Graco 0-9mths came with push chair
1 Mamas and papas 0-3 yrs for DHs car.

Then 3x maxi cosi priori DH, mine, grandparents
2x maxi cosi rodi, mine and DH
2x graco something or another - grandparents
2x booster cushion "spare!!" for DH and mine when we have others with us

and 2 children 3.5 and 5.5!!!!!!

lackofgravitas Mon 26-Feb-07 21:44:16

One seat (Bebe Confort Iseos SafeSide). One child (aged 2.11). One car (Corolla, about to magically metamorphise into Mazda 5 tomorrow lunchtime).

I think need more carseats! Definitely don't need any more children though. I am a <i>leetle</i> bit tempted to buy the high-back booster a bit early and keep in the car for contingency.

lockets Mon 26-Feb-07 21:46:23

Message withdrawn

Bozza Mon 26-Feb-07 22:01:01

We currently have two high back boosters for DS, two seats for DD and a spare booster cushion for when we take friends. I usually make DS who just meets the age/height/weight criteria go on that. We have had also the baby seat, and a forward/backward one that broke. So have purchased 6 car seats in total. Obviously the 9m-4y seats are the worst because of being hardest to fit but we have always needed two seats per child because DH does nursery/CM drop off and I do pick up.

serenity Mon 26-Feb-07 22:01:40

I have less car seats than I have children......but that's because DS1 is tall and heavy enough not to need one, not because I'm trying to get rid of him

ScoobyDooooo Mon 26-Feb-07 22:08:24

We have 4 & two kids..

1 x primo vaggio (not in use)
1 X Britax special edition (not in use)
1 x Booster seat (in use)
1 x maxi cosi (in use)

Also had another 2 but got rid of them when we moved.

MordecaiAliVanAllenOShea Mon 26-Feb-07 22:11:45

I have just off loaded our out-grown ones on freecycle. They got snappde up quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now