Talk

Advanced search

spotty multicoloured duvet set

(15 Posts)
doglover Thu 22-Feb-07 21:16:06

My dd will soon be having her bedroom decorated and, as she is 8, I'll be letting her have some input into her 'new' room. Her only stipulation so far has been that she would love a really bright and cheerful spotty duvet and matching curtains. I naively assumed that this wouldn't be a problem but I've spent a couple of hours searching on-line in vain tonight. If anyone could suggest a company (reasonably-priced!) you would truely make a little girl very happy! Many thanks.

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 21:22:33

bottom right here is the closest I've found so far...

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 21:24:18

ooh, the top right one here looks good but the link won't work.

hana Thu 22-Feb-07 21:26:37

I"ve got that floral circle set from m and s for my dds - tis v cute

doglover Thu 22-Feb-07 21:28:03

Yes, Mrs Badger, we were looking at the M&S one and it is probably the best so far. It's just not quite what she had visualised iykwim. I appreciate your help though!

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 21:32:04

good old Ikea ?
they have a super fitted sheet you could team with plain coloured duvet and pillows.

Also Argos , although they are polycotton.

Stinkey Thu 22-Feb-07 21:38:07

Hoe about butterflies and stripes at Vertbaudet? (There is a matching striped sheet)

millie99 Thu 22-Feb-07 21:40:48

Sorry don't know how to do a link but Wilkinson do single duvet £4.99 with giant multicoloured spots also matching pilowcases. Don't sneer their bed linen is much better than you would expect - there is a pink patchwork cover at a similar price you could easily mistake for Laura Ashley.

doglover Thu 22-Feb-07 21:41:21

Ohhhh! You lot are clever! I'll show your ideas to dd in the morning....... we may be onto something here!

Stinkey Thu 22-Feb-07 21:44:57

Dotted flowers + stripes at la redoute?

Just look through la redoute graphic prints, there are hundreds!

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 21:48:33

still quite pastel but not bad

Not polka dots but super colours from John Lewis

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 22:00:02

oh very nice

think La Redoute may be the way to go.

amazonianwoman Fri 23-Feb-07 12:18:29

Big flowers rather than spots, but v cheerful and I'm sure they do matching curtains aspace

amazonianwoman Fri 23-Feb-07 12:20:06

Or this one from Vertbaudet - great value!

doglover Fri 23-Feb-07 15:46:31

Thanks for all your fab ideas. Dd perused your suggestions and opted for the blue/green spotty design from Argos..... result! I bought a couple of sets because, at £13, I could hardly not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now