Talk

Advanced search

Keepsake box - how much would you pay?

(4 Posts)
keepsakesml Sun 08-Jan-17 20:49:08

Hi all!

I'm thinking of starting up a little business in my local area selling good quality strong board keepsake boxes - personalised and decorated for many occasions, with the main ones being baby boxes and wedding boxes. At Xmas I would do Xmas eve boxes as well.

How much would you pay for such a product? What I have in mind would be perfect for gifts at baby showers or when someone gets engaged etc. They are memory boxes to keep all of your bits and bobs safe.

I am hoping to make a couple up and post pics on here to give you a better idea but I'm still waiting on the sample boxes to arrive from my supplier.

It'd be great if you could let me know how much you'd consider spending on such an item, and any thoughts / ideas relating to the product!

TIA!

JaxingJump Sun 08-Jan-17 21:01:50

I've seen this sort of thing on Facebook and it's always been very homemade. I think if you want to be successful you need to work with proper materials like wood with a good finish. Unless you have something really good and unique in terms of the artwork? Not stones and buttons etc.

keepsakesml Thu 26-Jan-17 09:54:07

Sorry for late reply! They are not wooden but made in Italy from a strong and sturdy board that is good quality and embossed with a linen effect.

Here are a couple of pics. They do feature buttons blush however I think a slight homemade look is nice for a sentimental item, and would rather they don't look mass produced, but more personal.

How much would you pay for a box like this would you say? I'm also doing a grey and yellow one for those who aren't a fan of pink/blue

keepsakesml Thu 26-Jan-17 09:55:03

Button details! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now