Talk

Advanced search

Come on all you pushchair addicts. I need your opinions!

(74 Posts)
NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 18:30:23

Am looking to get a new pushchair for ds who is just 6 months.
Atm we have an old Quinny 3XL freestyle that we used for dd but it is rather heavy and a bit battered.
We've also been using a Graco thing but that really is battered. The wheel fell off yesterday

Sooooo, I had my eye on a Quinny Zapp but to my horror, they dont have a shopping basket and I would quite like a tray on it for when he's a bit bigger although its not a must.
I also dont want anything too big or heavy and it must fit a seat to go on it too.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 18:38:22

Quickly please, while dh is in the mood to internet shop!

Wheelybug Wed 21-Feb-07 18:39:24

I had a zapp from when dd was about 9 months - it was great for about 6 months but when she got to the point where she wanted to get out of it a lot I found it a bit of a pain because it couldn't take any weight on the back and got a bit fed up with putting it up and down. The lack of shopping basket was also an issue.

However I think you can now get baskets for them - have seen some with them. Also if you don't do loads of walking I think it would be quite good. Would they fit a seat to go ?

I got a bog standard maclaren - a triumph and it has been great. I wish in hindsight, I'd just continued with the Pliko we had till dd was a bit older and then just got the maclaren.

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 18:41:14

Hmmmm right.
So your saying it isnt very strong?

I do really love them and it seems quite compact compared to the one we have.
I'll have a look at the maclaren as they do have nice pushchairs.

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 18:46:48

maclean tecnho

Wheelybug Wed 21-Feb-07 18:47:16

It was more that it tipped VERY easily so there was virtually nowhere to put bags/shopping etc. Also didn't feel very sturdy tbh. But, a lot of people love them so might just be me !!

I thought it was great for the period we had it for, when dd was about 8 or 9 months to about 13 months, but then I tried a maclaren on hols and it was sooo much better - also light and dont' take up much room (although longer) and far easier to put up and down. DD is now 2.1 and I took her on the train today and our station has loads of steps and it was great as I just folded up the buggy, shoved it over my shoulder and held dd's hand up the steps. And they recline (depending on which one you get how much they recline).

Wheelybug Wed 21-Feb-07 18:49:43

Agree wtih trace that from 6 months the techno would be great. I think the triumph which I have, wouldn't be that great from 6 months although they can be used then. The techno reclines more and is more comfy (but then a bit heavier). The quest is inbetween the 2 in terms of reclining/comfort/weight) - I'd probably go for the quest all things considered....

But then I'm not a buggy addict so there may be something mroe whizzy and new around !!

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 18:51:00

the one i got is from birth, upto 4 years

trace2 Wed 21-Feb-07 18:54:46

this one

pushchair

TheBlonde Wed 21-Feb-07 18:59:39

From 6 mths go for a Maclaren Quest or Triumph
The techno is heavier and although great to use from birth really it's a waste spending the extra if you only want to use it from 6 mths

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:08:26

I've just looked at the Triumph and there doesnt seem to be much of pushchair if that makes sense.

Will check the Techno out. Thanks Trace.
How are you btw?

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 19:09:50

Message withdrawn

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:11:21

Tis more than the Quinny!

NuttyMuffins Wed 21-Feb-07 19:12:32

I had a Maclaren Quest which was slightly more comfy etc than the triumph i think. Anyway it was good and lasted a good while (well until i got bored of it lol).

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:18:43

Just checked, you can get baskets for the zapp.

Just looking at the maclarens now.

NuttyMuffins Wed 21-Feb-07 19:21:13

If you can get a basket for it then have the zapp, it's just so much nicer looking IMO.

Wish someone I know would buy one so I can have a go LOL, as it is I have to just look wistfully.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 19:22:36

Message withdrawn

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:29:37

Thats how much I thought they were cod!

Just had another thought. My change bag has clips to fit onto a bar of a pushchair and all these have handles.

Bum.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 21-Feb-07 19:29:58

Message withdrawn

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:34:33

I've only just bought it. Its one of those ladybird samsonite ones.
I'd been wanting it for ages and then found them in TK Maxx for twelve quid.
Am a real bag queen.

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:34:56

The bigger the better

FirstAtForty Wed 21-Feb-07 19:42:11

There's this one

icandycherry

but it's not out till March and not available online

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 19:45:37

Love that FAF. Plus i have a stockist in our town.

izzybiz Wed 21-Feb-07 19:58:05

I had a Zapp for my Dd, i sold it because of the shopping issue, although it has handles to hang bags from it tipped so easily, even with Dd in who was 2 at the time.

Also she couldnt sleep in it as it doesnt recline, i personally wouldnt put a six month old in one.

I now have a micralite, its fantastic, though i dont know if a seat to go would fit.

NbgsYellowFeathers Wed 21-Feb-07 20:53:10

Ahh now I didnt realise it didnt recline. Thanks for that.

I'm just looking at this .

Am very very tempted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now