Talk

Advanced search

back baby carriers for young baby and short/weak mother - advice?

(6 Posts)
Bethbe Wed 21-Feb-07 15:07:24

Can anyone recommend a good carrier. Front ones and slings(I've tried loads)are just too heavy for me and hang too low and strain my neck, so was thinking about a back pack one. Don't need any extras, just a way of carrying babe on difficult public transport

Baby is now 3 months!

Thanks!

hairymclary Wed 21-Feb-07 15:11:48

have you thought about a cwtshi (or other mei tai?)
I have one and absolutely love it, you can do front and back carries wtih it.
I can easily carry my 2 year around in it.

I had a baby bjorn when he was born and couldn't stand it after about half an hour, but with the cwtshi I could happily carry him around on my front all day (and he wasn't a small baby)

hettie Thu 22-Feb-07 09:12:03

have you looked at the ergo- they are expensive I know but there is somewhere online you can rent them from to see if you get on with them..... (if I remember where I'll post link)

NappiesGalore Thu 22-Feb-07 11:22:07

have you seen bigmamaslings.co.uk? theyre really helpful, you can email them and you get to hire before you buy to make sure you have the right thing..

havnt heard of a back carrier suitable for a 3mo... 'spect it can be done tho!

i LOVE my ERGO - have tried millions of slings and this is only one that doesnt hurt. i use it for much bigger baby tho... (funny, coz i could never use the other kinds much beyong about 3m)

bensmum4 Fri 23-Feb-07 09:30:22

Another vote here for the Ergo, but shouldnt be used on the back until about 5 months when baby has good head control.

Bethbe Mon 26-Feb-07 17:56:35

Thanks guys, - I'll look into your suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now