(8 Posts)
pistachio Tue 20-Feb-07 21:34:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Loopymumsy Tue 20-Feb-07 21:42:40

Message withdrawn

pistachio Tue 20-Feb-07 22:30:43

moondog Tue 20-Feb-07 22:33:19

We've travelled back and forth loads with every variation on this theme.
Have always checked carseat in and taken buggy to plane.
Ask if it will be brought to the gate whe you arrive.It is no fun carrying a baby half a mile on your hip through an airport.
I have had so many dos about this (am usually alone with small child and baby) and in the end refused to get off the plane until the buggy was brought to me.

They will lie.

EllieKwithaHUGEbump Tue 20-Feb-07 22:40:58

they take golf clubs free of charge cos there was some talk of stuffing the bag with clothes to avoid 2nd bag fees so they must let you take a carseat free surely?

pistachio Wed 21-Feb-07 10:06:41

Loopymumsy Wed 21-Feb-07 13:32:23

Message withdrawn

Lazycow Wed 21-Feb-07 13:55:14

I've travelled loads and have never had the pushhair waiting at the steps despite reassurances it would be. I thus now always take a sling/carrier. As I only have one ds this is fine.

My friend who had 4 children under 5 on a flight to Greece had a nightmare when she got off the BA flight and her double buggy was not there. She had a 19 month old, twin three month olds and a 4 year old, quite a bit of hand luggage as you can imagine with so many kids, with only her and her dh as adults. She ended up letting a kind fellow traveller carry one of her children to luggage collection.

As for car seats we have a car seat in wheels and always use that instead of a pushchair - take that to the steps and leave it there. We use the carrier as a back-up. The main problem with this is you have no pushchair on holiday but we have mostly done without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now