Talk

Advanced search

I have bought a shopping trolley on wheels and today I used it in public

(41 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:09:07

it is quite funky looking IMO

the lady tried to sell me a tartan one but I resisted

BettySpaghetti Tue 20-Feb-07 20:11:26

We saw a young trendy woman coming out of Gap with one on Sunday -DP nearly PHSL, he didn't realise they were becoming popular for those under the age of 80.

BettySpaghetti Tue 20-Feb-07 20:12:11

Actually, it wasn't you was it??

Trolley was orange and patterned

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:14:34

Gap??? No it wasn't!

It is really very useful though, I can't think why I didn't get one years ago - you can fit soooo stuff in it. I am posting this in the hope of converting other people to getting one. Then I won't feel such a fricking saddo.

Mercy Tue 20-Feb-07 20:15:51

They are very practical imo. There are loads of young(ish)! funky women with attitude where I live who use them.

So if not tartan, what pattern?

LIZS Tue 20-Feb-07 20:16:06

Very Euro-chic !

southeastastra Tue 20-Feb-07 20:16:08

i spent hours of my youth taking the dreaded trolley to my mum at tesco, the humiliation of walking up the high street alone with it still haunts me now.

TrinityRhino Tue 20-Feb-07 20:16:20

I had one when I lived in town on my own and couldn't drive, it was great for pulling all my food shopping home with me from the bigger shop that was about 2 miles walk away
Did you have a funky hat on aswell, to make sure pull off the kooky look

nappyaddict Tue 20-Feb-07 20:16:38

my sister has a pink one she took to uni and now uses it to take to school with her.

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:17:05

Oh really

<perks up>

yes I have always regarded myself as a bit of a trendsetter

erm it is just black, with a pale blue flap thing. I didn't see nice patterns. Deeply envious now.

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:19:16

Well this is the thing

I don't drive

have been sticking all my shopping under the buggy for years (fab buggy fitted loads of stuff under it), but I don't really want to give ds another excuse to sit in it if I don't have to

so it seems obviously a good idea

but I did bump into a friend who Looked Amused

suzycreamcheese Tue 20-Feb-07 20:21:42

strange i've been thinking about them and how easy it would be to 'graduate' to one after pram life is over..

they are mighty popular round here and think i will miss something to lean on..

are there any groovy ones on the market?

pollyanna Tue 20-Feb-07 20:22:52

they have some in Habitat - I am seriously tempted as I don't drive either and taking all the school bags etc on the school run would be alot easier with a trolley. dh banned me from getting one

Mercy Tue 20-Feb-07 20:24:36

No pattern is good I think.

I don't drive either so may well invest in one, once ds is at nursery school. I'm past caring what others think of 'image' tbh.

colditz Tue 20-Feb-07 20:24:45

I am having one when the pushchair days are through.

WanderingTrolley Tue 20-Feb-07 20:25:17

I'm completely impartial, obv, but I wll have you know trolleys are Very Cool Indeed.

<fervently hopes name change worked>

WanderingTrolley Tue 20-Feb-07 20:25:28

Blast

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:26:52

They are not so comfortable as a buggy, and people tut openly instead of getting out of your way

so I just ram their shins

yorkshirelass79 Tue 20-Feb-07 20:29:57

Message withdrawn

peegeeweegee Tue 20-Feb-07 23:29:48

Is it a push along, or a pull along one??

Must admit, saw an orange swirly patterned pull along one in Ikea at the weekend, was very very tempted..

Oh no, this will become my new obsession now my pushchair pushing days are over....

Molesworth Tue 20-Feb-07 23:57:01

ahhh this brings back memories of my Would it be considered sad if I purchased one of those old woman shopping trolleys thread from back in 2004!

I was way too ahead of my time and had to abandon it

serenity Wed 21-Feb-07 00:00:35

We've just started selling them in IKEA and I think they're pretty cool. Now we don't use a buggy anymore I seem to use the car more, just so I can get shopping home. People laugh though, when I say I want one.

Molesworth Wed 21-Feb-07 00:01:16

I might just get another one

Ulysees Wed 21-Feb-07 00:04:22

I think they're a great idea and have thought for ages schoolies should have them for those heavy books etc..

I'd love a jazzy one for my walks to Asda

Ulysees Wed 21-Feb-07 00:06:25

Funky!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now