Talk

Advanced search

US Amazon voucher

(8 Posts)
ShoppingBasket Mon 26-Dec-16 23:17:14

Hi,

I have gotten a USD voucher to use on Amazon, a present. It can only be used on the .Com site and not co.uk site. Which would be fine but every damn thing I try to order it doesn't allow delivery outside of US. Does anyone know a way around this? It is really frustrating I just presumed you could use a voucher in any currency and just lose on the exchange rate.

Any help appreciated, I have contacted customer service but said there is nothing I can do unless I get the person who gifted it to me to get a refund and then buy a sterling voucher. I am not going to this as it will make me look ungrateful!

Hopefully this makes sense to read smile

mmmuffins Mon 26-Dec-16 23:48:49

I suppose you'll just have to find an item you want that will ship to the UK. There are so many products, there must be something that ticks both boxes.

Have you made an account? When Im browsing it usually says on the item's page whether they ship to the UK, as Amazon knows thats my location.

caroldecker Mon 26-Dec-16 23:49:06

There are many sites (Google them) which provide a US shipping address which then ships on to the UK.
No experience of them personally, so cannot recommend anything.

MoonshineJungle Mon 26-Dec-16 23:52:23

Go on to their support chat and explain and ask if you can change to for uk version

AndNowItsSeven Mon 26-Dec-16 23:53:02

I have found loads of items that ship to the up, stay away from electronics /DVDs/cumputer/console games and you should be fine. Also search for prime only - because not all prime items ship to the uk but no non prime items will.

MoonshineJungle Mon 26-Dec-16 23:55:10

Or maybe books, digital downloads?

mmmuffins Mon 26-Dec-16 23:59:40

I received a necklace for Christmas from Amazon.com, so perhaps jewelry?

ShoppingBasket Tue 27-Dec-16 18:13:13

Thanks for response, I have googled services that order for you, was just looking for some feedback. I suppose i should have specified I live in ROI and anything that I like the look of does not post to here.

I have made my account and signed up for prime too and have chatted on the helpline to no avail. The search continues ...! Thank you for help anyway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now