Talk

Advanced search

Anti dandruff shampoo for dry hair?

(11 Posts)
Holymoly321 Mon 19-Feb-07 08:48:22

Have recently developed dandruff - urgh! Can anyone recommend a good anti-dandruff shampoo for dry hair?

DeputyMacDawg Mon 19-Feb-07 19:48:12

I use Polytar, but it isn't suitable for people with peanut allergy.

Coolmama Mon 19-Feb-07 19:57:44

try Neutrogena T-gel Shampoo -

Gingeme Mon 19-Feb-07 20:09:40

Good old fashion Head and Shoulders!

NbgsYellowFeathers Mon 19-Feb-07 20:10:09

Ketopine or Polytar

crispyduck Mon 19-Feb-07 20:12:50

The thing with anti dandruff shampoos is you shouldn't use them all the time, they are really harsh on the hair and scalp.
Go in between with a mild shampoo.

fairydust Tue 20-Feb-07 15:10:30

the only one i can use is head and shoulders sensitive anti dandruff since having dd i get it really bad - i even tried the wash with something else mild in between and it made the dandruff worse so i just stick to this now

Ali5 Tue 20-Feb-07 16:24:41

I use Polytar, but it was recommended by my gp years ago. If the dandruff has just started it could be related to something else, diet or stress perhaps?

DimpledThighs Tue 20-Feb-07 16:26:53

my dh swears by head and shoulders - I once even bought him a top range poncey one and that was not as good.

They do ones for all kinds of hair and conditioner too so I would go for that. I 'borrow' the conditioner when mine runs out and it always brings my very dry out lovely and shiny.

AlanasMum Tue 20-Feb-07 16:29:29

I've used them all polytar, t-gel, oilatum, shops own & head n shoulders

I find head & shoulders worked the best and with exception of shops own was the cheapest

Holymoly321 Tue 20-Feb-07 19:02:51

thanks everyone - looks like I'm going to be getting some Head and Shoulders!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: