Talk

Advanced search

Amazon poor delivery

(5 Posts)
johnpdolden Tue 22-Nov-16 15:16:46

My Amazon Prime item was left in our front flower bed in full view of the many passers-by, on a Saturday. This was a Binwo Cree LED torch and it was in its own sturdy plastic case, which was lucky as the Amazon packing was sodden when we returned from a weekend away on Monday. Also, fortunately, it wasn't stolen by any passers-by. Most couriers that deliver around here usually request a neighbour accept the parcel, but this guy updated the Amazon system to say it had been delivered to me, John? Not likely, we were in Cardiff, about 70 miles away. Most blame must be laid at feet of Amazon. They place unreasonable responsibility on their drivers that operate from the Avonmouth depot. They are expected to deliver around 200 parcels a day, and if they don't, according to the local news channels, they lose income. This usually means they are paid less than the minimum wage. I have never had issues like this with Ebay, so guess who I will be buying with from now on, Ebay?

Asteroid2000 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:50:07

Unfortunately I think this is quite common. My parcels are recorded as handed to me when I am no where near my house. I suppose at least I should be grateful that mine were left under cover - in the builders portaloo :-(. Really not good service from Amazon.

MardAsSnails Sun 27-Nov-16 11:56:47

I had the same this week. Usually delivery is fantastic, but this time it was left outside, under a bush. It was small enough to fit through the letterbox too.

Thankfully wasn't something that would spoil in the rain, as it ended up drenched and the packaging sogged away.

JenLindleyShitMom Sun 27-Nov-16 12:01:45

Do you have a side path or a garden shed or even one of those keter storage boxes you could use for deliveries? You leave a note on your Amazon account delivery instructions about where to leave them. Mine is in my garden shed.

gamerchick Sun 27-Nov-16 12:22:52

Amazon thought they could cope and they couldn't/cant...Really its probably better not to order from them this time of year. I had a yodel driver in partial meltdown on my doorstep yesterday because of the black Friday volume along with boxes of dog food from amazon. The poor husband didn't get home from work until after 11 last night after a 6am start.

I really feel for drivers this time of year, that's why I take in all parcels for the street. They all know they can knock here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now