Talk

Advanced search

M&P Armadillo Flip XT dangerous design fault

(7 Posts)
user1464893335 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:59:28

Does anyone else have an M&P Armadillo Flip XT. Just started using the buggy part and now three times the buggy had flipped back with my son in. Thankfully he was strapped in but had he not could have sustained head injuries. Have seen a forum where this has happened to others so is not a one off and must be a design fault. I think Mamas & Papas need to recall it. I have raised this with them and no action has been taken in 24hrs. I don't want this to happen to anyone else as the consequences if their child is not strapped in doesn't bear thinking about.

malin100 Mon 06-Jun-16 04:07:39

Was just about to buy one so watching with interest.

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 06-Jun-16 05:23:08

This happen to us. Sent it back and they replaced the bit where it catches. Take it back store and they will send it away for you.

The lady in shop had never heard of it happening before. But she took us on our word and sent it away. Its under warranty anyway and since then its never happened again.

Hth

BikeRunSki Mon 06-Jun-16 05:29:53

My Quinny Buzz used to do this. I hated it anyway, so I had an excuse to sell it and replace it!
M&P customer service notoriously poor.

user1464893335 Mon 06-Jun-16 07:09:31

They are replacing the base unit which is apparently where the problem is. I get the new one tmrw so we shall see. They said they are aware of this happening to a few units but sell hundreds of 1000s and not a design fault!!! Not sure how confident I am going to be using it but hopefully will not happen again

BikeRunSki Mon 06-Jun-16 07:18:42

It sounds more like a build quality issue than design. If they are replacing the base unit with no quibbling, then they surely recognise this, as they are usually very unhelpful.

Madeupforthis Fri 09-Sep-16 17:18:41

The recall has happened and I have had appalling service. They were due to collect on tuesday and give me a loan buggy, with collection of the dangerous one today. The delivery guy came on tuesday to take away the armadillo with no loan buggy which would have left me with nothing. I refused to give it to him. I eventually got through to a manager who said as I have absolutely no intention of putting DS back in an Armadillo, all they could offer me was a refund.

So I have waited in all day for them to collect again today, and finally its gone. But I will get no gift vouchers until at least tomorrow, I will still have to spend them in M&P and I will still have to wait at least a week for any new one to arrive. I don't want anything else to do with them but they are clinging on like an annoying ex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now