Talk

Advanced search

jogger buggy, sling, baby carrier

(3 Posts)
dasza79 Tue 17-May-16 20:31:41

Hello ladies,
I'm giving up... Trying to research online and it takes way too long. At nearly 30 weeks I find sitting in front of a computer incredibly uncomfortable :-)
First hand experience advice is needed.
1. Buggy/pushchair. Suitable from birth, with forward and backward facing options, preferably travel system, good for jogging with (not the hard-core, off-road kind of jogging).
2. A sling. Haven't used one with the first child, complete newbe to the subject.
3 Baby carrier. I was given a mothercare one, seems a bit large to me, but it's supposed to be OK from birth. Any experience?

Needless to mention I'd rather not spend a trylion golden coins on all that, will probably try my luck on gumtree and e-bay. But I need to know what to look for first.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

readingrainbow Tue 17-May-16 20:34:54

Sling - cheapest would be a stretchie, check the Facebook group "affordable baby slings for sale" you should be able to get one for about £20. I like ring slings myself, less faffing but a steeper learning curve. A bit more pricey, about the £50 mark. But they can last into toddlerhood whereas a stretchie is only suitable up to six months or so.

gruber Tue 17-May-16 20:37:28

Are you meaning 2 & 3 to be the same thing?
Close Caboo from birth, the NCT version is about £45 new or you can get them second hand about £20.
Once about 6 months, try a Tula, Ergo or Manduca - all great, easy to use and supportive. Please avoid anything by Mothercare, babybjorn or cosatto as these are "narrow based carriers" and bad for
Baby's hips (& your back!)
Try searching for your local sling library, you can hire if you're not sure about buying, or you can hire from here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now