Talk

Advanced search

Baby formula tub appears to be tampered with.

(9 Posts)
CinnamonBunYou Sun 06-Dec-15 19:00:43

I bought a tub of Cow&Gate growing up milk last week. I normally always check the clips at the front but distracted by DD, I just shoved it in the basket, paid for it and then it went in the cupboard once we were home. I've come to open it and the clip is missing and the foil inside looks to have been tampered with.

Should I take it back to the store and let them know about it? I have no reciept so no proof of purchase and I don't expect a refund as I know they are funny with baby items and they have no proof I'm not just trying it on. I tried their head office but it was closed.

VagueIdeas Sun 06-Dec-15 19:05:24

Just take it back and ask to swap it for another tub, surely? They won't mind doing an exchange if you don't have the receipt.

I wouldn't worry about tampering, it probably just got damaged on its way to the supermarket shelf.

dementedpixie Sun 06-Dec-15 19:08:00

You can't normally exchange baby milk but I would try taking a back and saying it looked tampered with

WildStallions Sun 06-Dec-15 19:09:08

In NZ there were activists threatening to tamper with baby milk. So this would really concern me and I'd certainly not use it.

VagueIdeas Sun 06-Dec-15 19:09:14

I'm sure since the seal was broken they'll make an exception and do an exchange.

WildStallions Sun 06-Dec-15 19:10:41

i.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/dairy/67439324/Baby-formula-tested-for-tampering

OddBoots Sun 06-Dec-15 19:15:33

Was it a shop with a loyalty card that could prove you bought it there?

CinnamonBunYou Sun 06-Dec-15 19:18:37

I'm definitely not going to use it WildStallions. Luckily I had bought two and the other was fine.

I was thinking that VagueIdeas but you never know in this day and age, so I've put it to the side and opened the other one. I don't think they will exchange it but I still want to let them know about it.

Thanks for your replies, I'm going to take it back tomorrow and see what they say.

CinnamonBunYou Sun 06-Dec-15 19:22:51

Oddboots yeah it was! I didn't think of that, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now