Talk

Advanced search

PC World - what a rip off

(6 Posts)
mummysurfer Sat 15-May-04 18:01:35

Just bought a printer from PC world and we needed to buy a USB printer cable for it. They wanted £14.99. DH reckoned that was a rip off so we left it, went to Scan computers which is an internet company, luckily based in our town and got one for 69p.
Can you believe it?
\linlhttp://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=32&Category=Printers&Thumbnails=No\here it is{}

mummysurfer Sat 15-May-04 18:02:02

here

Freckle Sat 15-May-04 18:08:19

Why is it that they sell the printer without the cable? Surely it's a necessary part and should come with the printer. But I agree that the PC World price seems extortionate. Just shows that it pays to shop around.

coppertop Sat 15-May-04 18:11:42

The last time I ventured into PC World, 2 spotty assistants were playing catch with a hard-drive. After it had been dropped a couple of times they put it back on the shelf. Needless to say I didn't go back.

Flip Sat 15-May-04 18:14:49

I've had a lot of dodgy stuff from Scan. Motherboards and CD-Rom drives that didn't work for starters.

BTW - are you coming on our mumsnet meetup next Friday MummySurfer?

mummysurfer Sat 15-May-04 19:17:50

thought the meetup was saturday when we are having a family get-together plus i work fridays

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: