Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SMEG cookers (free standing)

(5 Posts)
JamesBob Sun 04-Oct-15 10:32:07

Has anyone got a free standing Smeg? I've just ordered one ro replace our old one which lasted really well until the terminals melted last month.

I've seen a few reviews which say you get a lot of condensation in the oven, so am worried about this - I didn't have a problem with it on my old one but I'm not sure whether they have improved the design since these reviews or if it's going to be an issue with the new ones?

The model is a 60cm, double oven, dual fuel one.

29PaddingtonSt Sun 04-Oct-15 10:37:02

I would avoid all Smeg products if I were you. Over priced, over rated, crap quality.

JamesBob Sun 04-Oct-15 10:39:26

What would you suggest instead? I've gone mad looking at cookers recently, and nothing seems to be as nice in terms of quality.

I only need a very simple 60cm one.

Have looked at everything in Currys, plus the Rangemaster 60cm ones which have sharp edges all over the place, and they feel a lot nicer than those.

Bit stuck really!

QuizteamBleakley Tue 06-Oct-15 19:17:44

We got one of these and it's a beaut. Looks lovely, too. I was raised in a house with an Aga so wanted a 'classic' look.

kat088 Thu 29-Oct-15 11:38:01

I replaced our ancient smeg with a newer model 2 years ago. It the single oven one with pyrolitic cleaning. Love it, looks great however... have had the engineer out after 1 year to fix noisy cooling fan. Turned out a panel had been left undone. Apart from that no other issues so far....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now