Talk

Advanced search

Baby carrier for newborn

(5 Posts)
Wishful80smontage Tue 11-Aug-15 08:25:57

I have a toddler so need to keep hands free as much as possible.
Something easy to get on and off and suitable for a newborn baby.
I did have a carrier last time but such a faff to get on and off so never used it.
Thanks

villainousbroodmare Tue 11-Aug-15 08:30:35

I'm using a Babysense ring sling and it's working well. It's a very simple thing with the only refinement being that the top (around the back of the head) and bottom (under the backs of thighs) edges are padded. 3 w/o DS sleeps happily while I walk the dog and it suits as it protects him very well from sun and wind which our much more expensive Chicco baby carrier doesn't.

WiIdfire Tue 11-Aug-15 08:32:07

I'm using a Caboo Close. Easy to get on and off by myself and 3 week old very happy in it.

NoParking Tue 11-Aug-15 08:34:15

If you can find a local sling library (Google your area and 'sling library') you could try a few and see which one you like before buying. Slings are like shoes, what is comfy for one person is awful for another person, so it's worth trying if you possibly can.

Indomitable Tue 11-Aug-15 08:41:26

I had a ring sling for the newborn stage with DS, it was ok, easy to use, but pretty uncomfortable. I got an Ergo when he was 5 months and it was brilliant - used it till he was 4.

I'm now expecting DC2 and am planning to get either a stretchy wrap or mei tei type. (Maybe even a beco or boba buckle carrier - something that doesn't need an infant insert as EDD is spring, so will use it during the summer).

As PP mentioned - try a sling library to have a go with a few diff types.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now