Talk

Advanced search

Pram to fit in Fiat 500

(9 Posts)
Laura7010 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:35:34

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for prams that will fit in the boot of a Fiat 500? Unfortunately I can't change my car so that's not an option. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Laura7010 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:37:07

Oooh, I'm due November so have plenty of time to be researching any suggestions. Thanks smile

WhatWouldFlopDo Sun 21-Jun-15 18:44:58

I think the 500 is smaller than the Panda isn't it? I got the oyster to fit in the panda, the wheels just pop on and off, but it's a bit of a pain having to do it.

Artandco Sun 21-Jun-15 18:45:30

Babyzen yoyo 0+

Laura7010 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:58:19

Thank you for your suggestions smile
what I think it's the angle of the boot 'lid' that makes the boot smaller, you can't have anything sticking up a bit or it won't shut. I was suggested the oyster in john Lewis but since we couldn't try any there I was sceptical.
artandco I have read reviews for the babyzen and my only worry was people seemed to have it to travel with, do you know if it robust enough for everyday use?

Artandco Sun 21-Jun-15 19:02:09

It's fine for everyday as long as you aren't going fully off-road. Here in central London 1000s of people have them and walk miles around and across the city daily. It's fine in parks etc on the grass also.

Get a decent soft structured sling like a boba 4g so when you go off road/ beach ( very few prams even off roads one scope there), or in shops etc you can carry baby hands free. Handy if you want to fill boot with shopping also.

The babyzen will fit in footwell also if needed

Artandco Sun 21-Jun-15 19:05:40

Look at getting an extended rear facing car seat also like the Cybex sirona. Then once it's fitted you don't need to lift seat out or re fit. The seats swivels so you can face forwards to put baby in from front easier then swivel back to actually drive. Lasts newborn-4 years

Laura7010 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:05:50

Thank you artandco I will have another look at that and rethink it. Lots of food for thought. Who'd have known it'd be this much of a minefield!!

Janek Sun 21-Jun-15 19:44:58

We had a maclaren techno xt and used a fiat 500 on holiday. Of course the pushchair did not fit in the boot, it was really long when folded, but it did fit in the rear footwell, across the width of the car.

And anyone who was using the back of the car (dd2 who needed the pushchair, dd1 who might have been 5) only had short legs so could rest their feet on the pushchair. Don't know how practical this would have been in the long term though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now