Talk

Advanced search

How do you control a young toddler on a scooter?

(1 Post)
Peregrin Thu 11-Jun-15 17:07:42

I would like to get my 20mo DS a scooter (micro mini?) but I am worried about him whizzing away and getting into accidents. How fast can a 20mo get on these - faster than they can run? (DS is pretty speedy on his little legs already.)

I was considering a trike with a parent handle instead, but those just seem like a glorified pushchair especially as he can't pedal yet. I want him to be able to burn off some energy and develop motor skills so the scooter seemed like the better option for that.

If I could dream I would also add that whatever we get would be nice to be able to use on the pavement, so we could go to places easier (we don't have a car so for now it's pushchair only, walking at his speed and limited in the distance we can cover, or strapping him onto myself which breaks my back). I'd get a helmet of course, and wouldn't let him scoot/trike in crowded places, so what I'm really worried about is riding into the path of cars / into lampposts etc if he would be too fast for me to catch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now