Talk

Advanced search

Quooker: anyone got one?

(7 Posts)
suddenlycupishalffull Thu 29-Jan-15 20:11:07

We are getting a new kitchen soon and am thinking of getting one of these as I like the idea of getting rid of the kettle. But....are they safe? And are they energy efficient? Anyone got one?

Pagwatch Thu 29-Jan-15 20:14:30

They are bloody brilliant. Threw the kettle away,mouth boiling water straight into a saucepan when needed - so pasta for packed lunch cooks more quickly.
It's safe. You have to push it down and turn to work it. You can't just mistake it for a tap.

I have no idea how energy efficient they are and don't really care tbh.

GrumpySwivelHead Thu 29-Jan-15 20:17:45

We got one that's part of a normal tap. Love it love it love it. Changes your cooking pattern e.g. Pan of water for pasta takes seconds. I'd go for it

suddenlycupishalffull Thu 29-Jan-15 20:35:44

Oh ofcourse, I never even thought about cooking, I was just thinking about getting rid of the kettle, but yes I can see how useful that would be. So a big thumbs up so far smile

PrincessOfThemyscira Thu 29-Jan-15 20:38:41

My in-laws have one. I think the tea & coffee tastes funny, flatter IYKWIM.
It may just be the water (they live 200 miles away) , but I never noticed it when they had a kettle.

Pagwatch Thu 29-Jan-15 20:40:18

Nope - no difference in the taste. It may be their water.

Eastpoint Thu 29-Jan-15 20:41:04

It's brilliant. I think they claim it costs 3p a day to run. You can turn it off very easily when you go on holiday to save power.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: