Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

traditional tin bucket and spade

(7 Posts)
aloha Tue 20-Apr-04 16:20:25

Yes, it's trivial, but after last year's experience of boiling to death in France, we are going on a traditional bucket and spade holiday to Norfolk this year (bet it bloody rains the whole fortnight but that's another story...) and wanted a traditional bucket and spade set - you know, the tin bucket with bright printed seaside scenes on it and a wood and tin spade. Do such things exist anymore? And if so, where can I get one? TIA all

GillW Tue 20-Apr-04 17:08:09

I think Hawkin used to do them - but I can't see them on their site at the moment.

Davros Tue 20-Apr-04 19:05:26

Yes, I remember them in Hawkin. Also try Tridias

aloha Tue 20-Apr-04 19:24:02

Ooh, thanks.

tamum Tue 20-Apr-04 19:28:28

I remembered the Hawkin one too, fat lot of use, eh. The Tridias website has been undergoing renovation for months now. I thought Letterbox might have done them but I just looked and can't see any sign. I wonder if they fall foul of some safety law?

treacletart Tue 20-Apr-04 20:34:48

OK - don't get too excited because theres no seaside scenes on them - but how about these spades, shovels and pails ...

Twinkie Thu 22-Apr-04 10:52:17

Letterbox do do a gardening set with a tim bucket and spade in I am sure - got their new catalogue yesterday and sure I saw one!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: