Talk

Advanced search

Traveling with 2month old baby - safe sleep

(5 Posts)
Roofp Sat 03-Jan-15 21:17:00

Hi, as I live in England but am Scottish, I'm dying to get back and visit friends and family. I don't drive, and I'm on a budget. I am wondering if there are any safe alternatives to lugging a travel cot around. My 2 month old doesn't move much in sleep, and can't roll yet. Could she safely sleep on a Moses basket mattress with rolled towels building up a ridge around it? I looked at inflatable mattresses, but there is nothing for her age group. Obviously, safety first, but are there any suggestions? Thanks!

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 03-Jan-15 21:23:31

pop up travel cot?

Or if you are bf then look up safe bed sharing on isis online. (infant sleep information source).

FloJo151 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:24:13

www.amazon.co.uk/Samsonite-Pop-Up-Travel-Cot-colour/dp/B0006SMQKSThis folds up small

FloJo151 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:25:44

Sorry I'll try again!! This

felkov Fri 23-Jan-15 20:55:28

Hi there

I've used virgin trains from London to Glasgow a couple of times for trips to see my half Scottish and half English family. I took my 7 week old in her pram carrycot and used that for all day time sleeps. at night she was either in carrycot or we co slept.

If you book far in advance the train is pretty cheap (£40 -50)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: