Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having problems with AMAZON PRIME not delivery next day?

(17 Posts)
FeckthisFrankie Fri 02-Jan-15 23:00:18

I'm one of the mugs who took out the free trial of Prime and then let it run as getting stuff quickly was so great blush

I've noticed more and more that things are NOT arriving on the next day. At the moment I am waiting for stuff which was ordered 3 and 5 days ago.

I've contacted them and had the usual 'occasionally delays happen' etc etc but am considering cancelling this now as it really seems to be false advertising when they say free next day delivery on everything. Anyone else having the same problem?

FeckthisFrankie Sat 03-Jan-15 08:31:17

Shameless I need to bleat about my first world problem bump.

Kerberos Sat 03-Jan-15 08:37:18

Yes we noticed this too. Prime stuff used to be here next day and now it is listed as 2 days after a certain cutoff. It usually arrives when it said it would though.

mildlymiffed Sat 03-Jan-15 08:39:12

We have had amazon prime pretty much since it began. I'd say 95% of the time we get the products next day. For the amount we order off them it's good for us, as we save the money on the delivery charges. Can imagine over the holiday period it may have been more challenging as maybe the couriers have been off or massive backlog. In general we've been impressed.

PrincessOfChina Sat 03-Jan-15 08:39:38

Yep, same here. I've seen it lots over the festive period but was assuming it would return to normal afterwards. My subscription just ran out anyway so I won't renew.

Petallic Sat 03-Jan-15 08:41:06

I had a few things over Christmas like this - I noticed it was normally the 3rd party sellers who use prime rather than products sold directly by Amazon that were more likely to have a 2/3 day delivery, so I have started being more careful when I order

TotallySociallyInep Sat 03-Jan-15 08:42:08

cancelled mine. As after we moved the local delivery was shit and never arrived next day. They would say they tried to deliver at such and such a time. There was never a card to say this, just an email. Usually we would get it on the supposed third attempt. Also when they decided to change the amount because they were going to give us access to loads a shite on the telly.

KatoPotato Sat 03-Jan-15 08:44:15

Text updates seems to have vanished too? I used to get a text with an hour time slot that I could make sure someone was in for.

PoppyAmex Sat 03-Jan-15 08:47:16

We've been members for a long time and the service was always flawless; up until two or three months ago, when things just kept getting delayed.

They consistently blame Royal Mail and shrug it off by extending my membership.

FeckthisFrankie Sat 03-Jan-15 08:49:01

I've never had texts Kato!

Petallic - yes these are 3rd party sellers, I will watch out for that, although i think I may just ditch it now, it is a rather unnecessary and at the moment, unreliable luxury!

FeckthisFrankie Sat 03-Jan-15 08:50:29

YY Poppy, I had the same, a one month extension on my membership when I complained hmm

KatoPotato Sat 03-Jan-15 08:55:55

I've just emailed them thanks to this thread! I've been annoyed since November and meaning to get round to it! Just had a type fest there and included the story about my last package being left in the smelly food recycling caddy!

FannyFifer Sat 03-Jan-15 09:00:37

I took a months free trial & was disappointed that stuff didn't always come next day, reason why I didn't keep it.

chutneypig Sat 03-Jan-15 09:07:35

I had a free trial late last year and wasn't impressed enough to keep it going. I wonder if they're having more general problems. I ordered a DVD , from Amazon itself, on NYE with first class delivery and it only dispatched this morning. That's the sort of time frame I'd previously have expected from super saver delivery.

PoppyAmex Sat 03-Jan-15 09:07:41

You need to activate the txt message option in your account.

FeckthisFrankie Sat 03-Jan-15 09:19:26

Did you get the same cut and paste bullsh*t as I did?! Blah bloody blah, why even bother....

The estimated delivery date given for this order was 31 December 2014 and I understand that this timeline was not met.

I appreciate the time you have taken to bring this to our attention.

It's been our experience that the majority of late packages arrive shortly after the estimated delivery date.

In this case, I kindly request you to wait until 6 January 2015 for your order to arrive.

This is the maximum delivery time we allow our carrier to deliver the item after the estimated delivery date. However, it may even be delivered before this date.

The vast majority of our orders are usually delivered well within the expected delivery time; however, in a small number of instances, events beyond our control can cause unforeseen delays.

However, please be assured that we take full responsibility should any item become lost or damaged during delivery and we are happy to replace these items at our own cost.

In cases like this, we have to wait a certain amount of time until we can presume an item is lost or missing. For this order, we would ask that you kindly wait until the 6 January 2015 to receive this parcel. If you do not get your order by then, please contact us again to let us know and we’ll be happy to issue you with a replacement or full refund if a replacement is not possible.

I hope you'll understand that this additional period gives us the time to take right actions upon your order, under such situations so that the matter is resolved to your fullest satisfaction.

I can certainly understand how you feel and I'm sorry the being a prime customer you should expect your parcel to be delivered ontime and I'm sorry it hasn't happened this time around.

Please be informed that the vast majority of prime orders delivered well within the delivery date. Occasionally a parcel may get delayed in transit which beyond our control. In such cases, we take a full responsibility of the parcel.

We will do all we can to make sure you get your order as soon as possible.

As an online retailer, we depend on our carriers to deliver the parcels. Our carriers have proven over time to offer efficient and reliable services. However, as a company we rely on them to get orders to our customers on time and we appreciate that any delays during delivery reflect badly on us.

We do care about prime deliveries and understand the importance of it.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I'll forward this issue to our transportation department. As they are monitering the carrier activities closely, they will look into it and take appropriate action to make sure this kind of issues doesn't happen in near future.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by responding to this email.

It is very important to us that you receive your order. I am sorry if this delay has caused you any inconvenience.

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Sat 03-Jan-15 09:21:02

Thanks for the reminder to cancel my prime! I also took the knee month free in the run up to christmas 2013, and then let it lapse so I was charged for the one year membership in January 2014. I had good use of it in 2014, but I am planning on being more frugal in 2015, so I have cancelled in in advance of the automatic renewal. It has gone up to £79 for one year! Yikes. I am so glad that I've remembered to cancel it, as I only use it for the next day postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now