Talk

Advanced search

Did you buy a new mattress for no.2 or use the same one?

(5 Posts)
FluffyKent Wed 03-Dec-14 07:20:45

We were given a cot bed from a friend but bought probably the most expensive mattress (as you do first time round) from mothercare but as we haven't used it much due to no.1 in & out of his cotbed we decided to put him in a full sized single bed instead so mattress & cotbed didn't last longer than 3yrs so has been stored in another bedroom since. The mattress has a zip off cover so has been clean apart from a couple of accidents/sick it's been fine. It has hd a bed sheet over it since storing it in the bedroom but have moved house since but again been stored in a bedroom so not damp at all/not been stored in a garage or loft so not been damp. Will obviously give it a clean/Hoover it etc but do health visitors/midwives scare you re cot death so that's why they recommend a new mattress on each new child? It's hard financially if they expect that and also how do you get rid of/sell a 2nd hand mattress if they scare people etc?

OwlCapone Wed 03-Dec-14 07:31:46

I used the same mattress for 1, 2 and 3.

Mum2Pea Wed 03-Dec-14 07:34:50

I used the same mattress for 1 and 2

Curiouslygrumpycola Wed 03-Dec-14 07:37:23

I used a new mattress for dc2. I knew I am the kind of person who would blame myself if something went wrong and I had known the SIDS advice.

Springcleanish Wed 03-Dec-14 07:41:14

We used the same mattress, we knew where it had been, how it was looked after and that it was clean and not damp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now