Talk

Advanced search

Bath products for DD

(6 Posts)
Lilliana Sat 22-Nov-14 18:11:47

DD is 2 and still has patches of cradle cap and v dry skin generally. I have eczema and think she might have patches too. What is best to use to wash hair / body with? I'm using dentinox still to keep the cradle cap down but she really needs some sort of conditioner too. I'm not very good with products for me so no clue what to use on her - please help!!

addictedtosugar Sat 22-Nov-14 20:40:36

We have Oilatum on prescription for the boys dry skin.

We also have aveeno cream prescribed, so I'd be tempted by their bath oil too

We didn't realise that DS1 still had flakes of cradle cap (he have very, very thick hair) til I had to nit comb him one night - loads came out with a fine comb after soaking in conditioner. So, if you think its no longer attached, that might be an idea.

We use shampoo occasionally, and never use soap in the bath (just on hands).

Hope her skin gets better soon - dry, itchy skin isn't nice.

PoppyWearer Sat 22-Nov-14 20:47:25

Oilatum on prescription here too. I've tried all sorts and it seems to be pretty much the only one that doesn't trigger eczema.

Aveeno is great too. Very gentle, doesn't sting. Cream is good?

Haven't had an issue with any of the child shampoos or conditioners you can buy in the supermarkets, and we've tried a few of those.

PoppyWearer Sat 22-Nov-14 20:49:42

Random question mark in my post, sorry!

Lilliana Sun 23-Nov-14 08:26:25

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. Will try those suggested and see how she gets on.

Fifibluebell Sun 23-Nov-14 08:56:57

I had all the medicated cradle cap products but they seemed to make inflamed I then switched to Burt's bee's baby shampoo and it cleared pretty quickly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now