Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toys that are like jack-in-the-box or else don't have the clasp on the outside!

(6 Posts)
NewEraNewMindset Mon 10-Nov-14 14:52:42

I know this is an obscure question but are there other toys out there that have the anticipation/surprise element that a jack-in-the-box has? My MIL bought my son a tin Peter Rabbit one and he loves it, but the clasp is on the outside so he can't wait for the surprise and ends up opening the tin before the mechanism has pulled it back.

When I do manage to get him to wait he jumps and then kills himself laughing, so I know he loves the anticipation side of things. It's his birthday soon and I was googling to see if there were any other styles of JITB toys out there and maybe ones where the clasp is on the inside? Or if there were any other toys that worked on a similar principle?

Thanks for any help!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 10-Nov-14 15:18:54

What about those money boxes where you put a penny on a switch and a hand (or similar) comes out and snatches it inside?

PeterParkerSays Mon 10-Nov-14 15:26:22

How old is your son? My DS had this jack in a box which has no outside catch.

Would he like a kaleidoscope with the immediate view but contained within a tube?

NewEraNewMindset Mon 10-Nov-14 15:35:48

He will be two next week PeterParker. I did look at that JITB but it just seemed pretty expensive!

I will go and have a look at money boxes. That's a really good idea. Thank you!

NewEraNewMindset Mon 10-Nov-14 15:50:03

OK, that hand one doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Did find this JITB from ELC, reduced to £8

www.elc.co.uk/Toybox-Jack-in-a-Box/138304,default,pd.html#tabs

NewEraNewMindset Mon 10-Nov-14 20:34:55

I ended up buying the elc one with a 20% discount on top for £6.40 in the end. Hopefully he will like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now