Talk

Advanced search

Has your baby ever got out of its Mothercare sleeping bag?

(12 Posts)
ahab Wed 29-Oct-14 15:44:05

When our son and daughter-in-law stayed with us ten months ago they put their 14 month old son (our grandson) to bed in a Mothercare Happy Town sleeping bag (6 to 18 months). In the morning he was out of it. Has anyone else had that experience? It only happened once before with him, apparently, a couple of months earlier when we were staying with them, and because of the co-incidence they are saying we must be responsible for him getting out of his sleeping bag. We are not, and after so many months it remains a ‘hot’ issue. We assume that either they forgot to do up some of the 4 shoulder poppers when they put him to bed, or that he simply stood up with his feet on the side rather than on the bottom of the sleeping bag and forced the shoulder poppers on the sleeping bag open. He could stand up and was just starting to walk at the time. Can anyone help us with their experiences? Two concerned Grandparents

ilovepowerhoop Wed 29-Oct-14 21:17:25

I had ones without poppers on the shoulders and neither of mine ever got out of them. Maybe they need a different grobag design.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Wed 29-Oct-14 21:20:07

How do they think you were responsible? Do they think you took him out of it in the night? My DD has never got out of hers but it seems odd that this is a 'hot' topic. What exactly are they accusing you of?

Hamsolo Wed 29-Oct-14 21:34:13

Yes, of course she has. I thought they all did! My daughter pops the shoulders by standing on the end of the bag and trying to stand up. I now use Gro bags that zip up the front and prevent her from escaping!

PacificWerewolf Wed 29-Oct-14 21:37:54

Why is this a hot topic? confused
I don't understand why it matters, truly.

We had Grobag sleeping bags and they only got out of them when they learnt to undo the zips grin, but I can see that a standing toddler would be able to undo poppers at the shoulders.
I think if him having 'escapes' is causing issues within the family then you have bigger problems than baby sleeping bags tbh.

museumum Wed 29-Oct-14 21:38:20

Not mothercare but grobags with shoulder poppers my 13mo old can get out of easily. He just pops the poppers and climbs out.
We have an ikea zip one for when it's colder but with that he sometimes pulls his arms inside and manages to turn in backwards!!
My little Houdinismile

Smashingpumpkinofcourse Wed 29-Oct-14 21:41:29

Poppers are no trouble at all to my 14mo, I'm considering Sellotape wink

Blowninonabreeze Wed 29-Oct-14 21:42:56

Haven't used a mothercare one, with time I find the poppers on baby clothes loosen.
Dd2 used to pop the shoulders of her grobag by standing up in it.
Hope you can get this resolved.sounds unpleasant

WhatWouldCaitlinDo Wed 29-Oct-14 21:51:00

How strange that they are blaming you. DC has wriggled out a few times. No biggie.

ahab Thu 30-Oct-14 09:46:08

Thanks for your responses which are helpful. The only complaint that my son and daughter-in-law had was that we should tell them before (as they thought) taking the baby out of the sleeping bag. Nobody thought that any harm had been done,. We agreed, but when we explained that we had not even been in the child's room then it became more difficult. They were absolutely certain that the baby could not get out of the sleeping bag on his own. They believed it was just a physical impossibility and someone must have taken him out. That is why I am asking for other experiences where babies have got out of Mothercare sleeping bags on their own. Theirs was a Happy Town 6 to 18 mths sleeping bag and the baby was 14 mths. How do they get out on their own? Do they learn to undo the poppers, or do they just stand up and put pressure that bursts open the shoulder strap poppers?

GotToBeInItToWinIt Thu 30-Oct-14 19:07:44

It still sounds a bit odd, do they think you are lying about it? If this happened when my DD was with her GP's I would assume she must have got out of it on her own as that would make far more sense than them having lied! Does the sleeping bag just have poppers or does it have a zip down the side too?

ahab Tue 04-Nov-14 12:05:13

Thanks again for your thoughts. I have had a long conversation with my son. He removed our concerns cleared the air. So a happy ending at last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now