Talk

Advanced search

Car seats-anyone got the WHICH report?

(8 Posts)
merglemergle Mon 12-Apr-04 11:04:09

Does anyone have the WHICH report on car seats?

I need to know the safest car seat for 9months - 4 years.

My son needs the next stage up of car seats. I did have a copy of the report but we moved house and I put it somewhere safe...

If anyone wants to know the safest car seats for 0-9 months, I think it was the bebe confort elios then the graco autobaby.

I think its ok to do this.... I don't have a credit card so I can't subscribe to WHICH.

I KNOW it depends on your car but ours takes pretty much anyting.

I can't get into "find the best" for car seats and I posted this under site support and now my post has vanished...so inept...grrr.

twiglett Mon 12-Apr-04 11:07:42

message withdrawn

essbee Mon 12-Apr-04 11:11:44

Message withdrawn

merglemergle Mon 12-Apr-04 11:14:07

Wow-quick responses. Thanks!

stripey Mon 12-Apr-04 11:17:27

I have it. Britax Renaissance got 3/5 for ease of use and 4/5 for crash rating so did Graco Cosmic, Mothercare MX Sport got 2/5 for ease of use and 5/5 for crash rating. I think this info is about 1.5 yrs old.

I had already bought a maxi-cosi proiri when the report came out for ds1 and I have to say it is fantastic for moving from car to car and reclining but it only had a 3/5 for both categories, I would definitely have given it 5/5 for ease of use. Bought my ds2 a Britax Eclipse (from birth - 4), the shoulder straps always twist don't pull as tightly as the maxi-cosi and is a nightmare to try and recline once you have started to drive even with 2 hands. Also have never got used to moving it from car to car.

KatieMac Mon 12-Apr-04 23:45:47

We sunscribe to which & don't have a cc - we pay by DD

jessysmummy Tue 28-Dec-04 22:06:08

Don't know if this is any use - The AA website (theaa.com) had ratings for car seats from the motoring trust. Mamas & Paps Pro-Tec and Romer (Britax) Duo Plus came out top for 1-4 years. Don't know how current that is. Does anyone know where I can find info on which seats fit which cars? I know that Britax have this info on their website but can't find anything from other manufacturers.

Hulababy Tue 28-Dec-04 22:08:16

The Britax/Romer Duo is an Isofix car seat, so you need an Isofix compatable car. If you do - they are fab, and so safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now