Talk

Advanced search

Beanbags

(9 Posts)
bea Mon 25-Mar-02 09:51:01

My playgroup are looking for beanbags for the baby area, so far i have only managed to find them at John Lewis (£16)

does anyone know where i can get them for cheaper... ?

and yes i know they are quite easy to make and i would love to have ago... is it really that easy and plus has anyone ot any really simple instructions how to make them...???

(I can make curtains!!! AND with lining - a sign of my proficiency with the sewing machine!)

bundle Mon 25-Mar-02 12:10:21

Ikea had some just before Christmas, I assume they stock them all year round and I think they were about £10..the covers were animal shapes & furry, and not very attractive, so I made a cover for one in an upholstery fabric (nice n tough), using a v long zip.

Dixie Mon 25-Mar-02 12:39:31

I've seen bean bags in the argos catalogue, didn't really observe the price but they are usually reasonably priced. you could check their web-site.

Twink Mon 25-Mar-02 12:47:24

Tumble Tots stock them too.

mollipops Mon 25-Mar-02 14:08:17

Do you mean the small square beanbags to toss around or the big ones you sit in?

bea Mon 25-Mar-02 14:09:23

bean bags you sit in!!!

my fault! should have been a bit more specific!

Twink Mon 25-Mar-02 14:37:43

Sorry Bea, I've got the other sort on the brain at the moment cos one of dd's favourite songs is 'shake your beanbag' - it should have been obvious by the price you quoted !

leese Mon 25-Mar-02 19:07:44

Argos! - cheap and cheerful

mollipops Tue 26-Mar-02 06:47:33

I only asked because I thought big beanbags were dangerous around babies, since they can get "buried" and suffocate in them, and also because of the filling being a choking hazard...maybe they have something else in mind for them?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: