Talk

Advanced search

I need a quiet kettle

(5 Posts)
SuburbanSpaceperson Sat 15-Mar-14 13:46:46

DS has ASD and gets stressed out by high-pitched noises and the kettle boiling. Our previous kettle made him moderately stressed, but slamming with enough force to rock the house closing the kitchen door was usually enough. That kettle broke and we are using my Mum's old one for the time being and it takes ages to boil and sounds really loud while doing it. I don't want a hot water tap or a stove-top kettle but I would consider a thingy that keeps the water hot all the time if I have to. My ideal would be another normal kettle that is quiet, I don't mind if it takes ages to boil so long as it doesn't make noise while doing it.

SuburbanSpaceperson Sat 15-Mar-14 21:20:45

Bumping for recommendations. If I walk into a shop and ask the assistant they're either not going to know or they're going to assure me that the most expensive one is the quietest.

BertieBotts Sat 15-Mar-14 21:21:56

If you don't get any answers, try reposting on chat. Sorry I can't help sad I've only ever had loud kettles.

MrsJohnDeere Sat 15-Mar-14 21:24:25

Kitchen Aid one is very quiet, but it is £££ and it makes a gentle 'dong' noise at the end to let you know it is ready.

SuburbanSpaceperson Sat 15-Mar-14 21:57:31

The Kitchen Aid is quite cute in utilitarian 50s sort of way, and I quite like the way that you can set the temperature, but it is a lot of money for a kettle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now