Talk

Advanced search

Cartoon HD. Is this legal? Free app but looks v suspicious.

(9 Posts)
largeginandtonic Mon 06-Jan-14 19:04:55

Fb link to this earlier.

Apparently it's an app that you normally pay for but for some reason is free ATM.

Lots of new DVD releases plus older cartoons/films etc...

I'm haunted by the age old 'if it's too good to be true, I probably is!'

What do you know mn?

TurnOffTheTv Mon 06-Jan-14 19:06:38

I downloaded it a few days ago and watched some stuff. Now I have the fear my phone is going to be charged a million pounds for using it!

SoonToBeSix Mon 06-Jan-14 19:09:29

Can't link but there is another long thread about this.

largeginandtonic Mon 06-Jan-14 19:10:22

It does feel a bit hmmmmmm doesn't it.

H is all 'it's from CHINA, think of the spy ware and people stealing all your information.' < dramatic >

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 06-Jan-14 19:10:40

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1957571-FREE-Cartoon-HD-app

largeginandtonic Mon 06-Jan-14 19:10:50

Oh is there! Will look. Cheers.

Jdunlop Thu 20-Mar-14 15:31:21

I just seen this thread and had to comment.

This App got passed Apple by pretending to only stream legal content, it then started streaming illegal content once approved. once this was seen by Apple and Google they pulled it.

This App originates in china, someone has to keep servers running that stores these films for people to stream. Why would they bother to do that? they must be seeking to make money from the app.

There is no proof so far on if this App is doing anything wrong on your phone…yet, but think carefully, you will type credit card details into your phone (app store/play store) and you might have a banking app as well you would need to be crazy to have an app like this on your phone.

The people who make this app aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, so think about what they might be after.

Dave240 Mon 08-May-17 20:32:57

I have downloaded this "suspicious" app and saw that a movie Rock Dawg (or is it Rock Dog?) is available on the app and the movie is still in Theaters. Can you say piracy? Don't download it because if you do you're supporting crime.

IntheBenefitTrap Mon 08-May-17 20:34:32

I've been using this app for about 5 years. If it was illegal, surely it wouldn't be on the app store?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now