Talk

Advanced search

Children's ski gear - who sells it?

(20 Posts)
oblong Mon 01-Mar-04 14:47:13

Where's the best place for kid's ski gear - in my day it was C&A but alas they are no longer with us?

Gumboot Mon 01-Mar-04 14:48:53

I saw some stuff in H&M in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago.

hth

LIZS Mon 01-Mar-04 15:07:21

Second H and M or Argos do C and A by mail order. Also Next have done some this year and last. There was another thread a little while back here . Also there is an outdoor clothing warehouse in Europe including Uk but am trying to remember what it is called.....

LIZS Mon 01-Mar-04 15:27:58

Found it Decathlon here

crystaltips Mon 01-Mar-04 15:44:56

This is where we got our stuff ellis brigham

HTH

Jaybee Mon 01-Mar-04 16:00:18

They have a good selection in Trespass shops - there is one in the XScape building in Milton Keynes. I think that John Lewis do a limited range too. Otherwise it might be worth hiring it - especially if you don't go very often.

alibubbles Mon 01-Mar-04 16:50:58

Snow and Rock, but M&S did a very good range this year, similar to Helly Hansen.

What age do you want, I have a loft full!

CountessDracula Mon 01-Mar-04 16:51:53

Millets?

GillW Mon 01-Mar-04 19:22:45

Oblong - what sizes are you looking for? I have a few new/almost new childrens ski suits up for grabs for 2-3 and 5-6 sort of sizes - also childrens ski helmets at less than retail (we import them directly for our ski club).

Otherwise for budget stuff I'd try H&M or Decathlon as already mentioned, Tchibo if you happen to time it right (not at the moment - though they've got well priced baby sleeping bags this week if anyone needs those) or, believe it or not, Aldi around December/January. If you're looking for bigger kids, then Mountain Warehouse/Tog 24/Helly Hansen have outlets at a lot of the outlet shopping villages. For a specailist online retailer try Kidski (sale on at the moment).

Or if you've got a bit more cash to spare, try Snow and Rock , or Ellis Brigham .

SueW Mon 01-Mar-04 19:32:47

Asda

collision Mon 01-Mar-04 19:47:32

Next

oblong Mon 01-Mar-04 20:58:29

Thanks so much for all the advice - GillW I'm looking for gloves, socks and goggles for 5 year old but thanks so much for the offer and to you and everyone for all the links! I'm heading off to H&M and Argos in hope of bargains and if not there's a snow and rock not too far away so I'll give them a go. Thanks again to all.

GillW Mon 01-Mar-04 21:36:09

Sorry Oblong - I don't think we've got any spare accessories in that sort of size hanging about at the moment - smaller and larger, but not that size. We do have a nice brand new Next ski suit in red/cream for age 6/116cm (sold as boys, but would be ok for either) which is destined for Ebay later in the week unless anyone wants to stake a claim on it first.

Mo2 Tue 09-Mar-04 21:28:31

GillW - have e-mailed you via contact another talker, as we're going skiing (last minute decision) on 3rd April with DS1 (114cm - size 5-6) and Ds2 (aged 2) and we have NOTHING in the way of ski stuff/ snow suits for them yet!!

Anyone got anything else in this size range looking for a loving new home??

crystaltips Tue 09-Mar-04 21:40:14

Let me go into my attic and have a look ..... can't promise anything as I have become an ebay addict - but if I find anything I shall post ...

Will make a note and look tomorrow

Janh Tue 09-Mar-04 21:49:27

Mo2, have a look here - have only looked at front page though, not item by item.

Mo2 Tue 09-Mar-04 22:13:11

Thanks - am about to go and trawl eBay too....

Mo2 Wed 10-Mar-04 09:26:07

GillW - have you listed your stuff on eBay - saw a Next one on there which sounded a bit like yours.....?

GillW Wed 10-Mar-04 11:58:50

Mo2 - no I've still got it. Have emailed you details and pictures.

Mo2 Wed 10-Mar-04 13:23:30

Thanks! Am at work at the moment, but will get the e-mail at home later hopefully!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: