Talk

Advanced search

VW transporter anyone have one or know of them?

(9 Posts)
NotAnOtter Thu 20-Jul-06 21:20:38

we are looking at buying one of these to fit our many offspring in and would like any advice or poitive/negative feedback
The only other option is mercedes and somehow that is just not 'me'
Any help with my decision would be great!

mumo75 Fri 21-Jul-06 12:32:45

i have a vw transporter shuttle, it is FAB, i have an auto, it is great to drive, the kids love it(i have 7) We also looked at mercedes but prefer vw, you wont be disappionted with vw

Mung Sun 19-Jul-09 20:51:13

Can I revive this thread...
Did you get a VW Transporter Notanotter? How is it?

I heard that they are really noisy and are quite tiring to drive once you are on the motorway, is this true?

I am trying to decide between the Transporter and the Caddy Maxi life.

mumo75 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:01:50

Mung-- noooooooooooooo they are LOVELY

my hubby has driven loads of vans/cars/lorries & he says that the VW transporter is the 'bees knees'

its not tiring to drive for long distances/motorways

i would say get one--or at least test drive both of the ones you mentioned

feedthegoat Sun 19-Jul-09 21:09:24

My dad and brother have had several VW transporters between them now and they love them.

I remember asking my brother for his opinion for another thread a while back and he said he cannot rate them highly enough. He said the driving position is good and they are very easy to drive. I've been in his quite a few times and have never noticed it being noisy.

He's had a few vans over the years and has not had anything else since his first transporter. He has the long wheel base with 3 rows of seats at the moment and it is great, ds loves getting in the back row!

mm1509 Mon 20-Jul-09 22:20:00

Mung - DH works for VW commercial and says they are very good, I know it may sound biased but he is pretty honest about his opinions on vehicles.

His advice is if you can go for the 2.5 diesel version or better still the vw shuttle.

Hope this is of some help.

mm1509 Mon 20-Jul-09 22:20:59

Sorry wrong name - notanotter........dohblush.

blithedance Mon 20-Jul-09 22:34:59

They are the best - I've driven DH's work van (his 2nd transporter) miles and know people who have the minibus ones as family transport. Really reliable, comfortable, and the diesel engines are allegedly good for about 400K!

If you have a big/growing family there is proper legroom for everyone, and luggage space, but you still have low enough roof height to get in the majority of car parks.

Mung Tue 21-Jul-09 20:06:54

I test drove a 2.5 Shuttle today and absolutely loved it...just need to convince DH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now