Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got/had a GRACO METROSPORT ????

(8 Posts)
nutcracker Sun 22-Feb-04 21:08:12

Just wondered if anyone could tell me if they are any good. I want to get a new pushchair for ds (14mths)and like the look of the metrosport and Kiddicare are selling it for 60 quid.
One question i have, is does the bumper bar come off ??

misdee Sun 22-Feb-04 21:18:05

still looking for a buggy then

nutcracker Sun 22-Feb-04 21:22:36

Yep. I was going to get a maclaren quest or similar but i really prefer pushchairs with one handle as it's easier to push iut and hold dd's hand, or my umberella. I would have to buy a raincover as it doesn't come with one but i don't mind that. It's still a bargain i think.

misdee Sun 22-Feb-04 21:33:53

get the three wheeler!!!

sammac Sun 22-Feb-04 21:34:23

Nutcracker, just checked I have a metrosport for ds. Bought for use as newborn as a travel system over 2 years ago, so different fabric.
Tbh don't use it much now, as use lightweight umbrella buggy, but got it out to go for a walk yesterday.
Haven't tried to get the bar off- it kind of swivels round. I don't find any real use for it- have never put bottles or anything in little spaces. Ds just likes to shut it over with a click!
I had to buy raincover as didn't come with it. It was over £200 at the time, so this is a good deal.

Forgot to say- I like it!It is easy to drive, fold and is quite easy to lift in and out of car

nutcracker Sun 22-Feb-04 21:39:03

Oh good. Think i'll probably get it then. As long as the bumper bar moves in some way, i was thinking of when ds is a bit older, and heavier, and me having to lift him over the bar.
Thanx for that.

nutcracker Sun 22-Feb-04 21:39:58

Misdee - I was very tempted to get the 3 wheeler, but know i wouldn't want to walk into town centre all the time.

JanHR Sun 22-Feb-04 23:08:45

Nutty, I have a metrosport. THe bar does not come off compltely but does swivel in order to get your child in and out easier. Also if DS?DD falls asleep you can adjust the back to recline them to whatever height you want. The adjuster is a pull cord so there are no set heights.
If I think DD will fall asleep when I am out that is the pushchair I take as the little buggy I have does not recline.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: