Talk

Advanced search

Any fantastic sales on for Prams/Pushchairs?

(13 Posts)
M2T Fri 20-Feb-04 12:24:03

I want to buy our pram within the next month. I don't want to spend a fortune though and I don't want a Britax.
I bought a Britax travel system from Argos for ds and the wheel axels at one side all snapped when he was 8mths old (supposed to do him until he was 3yrs)!! I only had a 6mth guarantee and Britax told me I would have to package it myself, pay for the postage down to England, pay for the repairs (which they wouldn't give me a maximum figure for) then pay for the postage and packaging back here. All in all would've cost anywhere between £150 to £300. It cost £230 so I thought what's the bleedin point. Totally pissed off with their attitude!

So apart from Britax has anyone seen any fab bargains on the market just now?

Clayhead Fri 20-Feb-04 12:42:37

Not sure on anything specific but I've always found www.kiddicare.com to have the best deals on most things I've bought, worth looking at at least.

Mum2Ela Fri 20-Feb-04 15:23:19

M2T - are you going to get a double buggy for DS & baby?

stinky Fri 20-Feb-04 15:34:46

Have just bought (3 wks ago) a Mothercare Urban Detour Pinnacle for £108 with last seasons colour (Dusk). Currently selling latest colour (black with red stripe for £210. It's £170 on-line but a local store were selling it for £120 and we got 10% discount for opening a Mothercare Account. Also last seasons has metal wheels as opposed to plastic on latest version, much better IMO. Includes rucksack, cosytoes, raincover etc.

A real bargain!!

stinky Fri 20-Feb-04 15:34:46

Have just bought (3 wks ago) a Mothercare Urban Detour Pinnacle for £108 with last seasons colour (Dusk). Currently selling latest colour (black with red stripe for £210. It's £170 on-line but a local store were selling it for £120 and we got 10% discount for opening a Mothercare Account. Also last seasons has metal wheels as opposed to plastic on latest version, much better IMO. Includes rucksack, cosytoes, raincover etc.

A real bargain!!

M2T Fri 20-Feb-04 15:34:56

Thanks Clayhead.

Mum2ela - Nah I wasn't going to know coz we'll need to be able to get on and off buses. I was thinking of just letting ds walk or getting a buggy board. We also have the baby back pack that I won on Mumsnet, which will be handy for baby. So I was looking for a single pram. I have seem one in Mothercare for £180 and I was wondering if they were anymore good bargains like that as I don't want my choice limited to just that one.

M2T Fri 20-Feb-04 15:36:38

Now THAT's what I call a bargain Stinky!! Fantastic, I'll have a look.

Mum2Ela Fri 20-Feb-04 15:53:34

This may sound daft, but had you thought of buying a pushchair that is suitable from birth rather than a pram (like a Maclaren), then using a sling to carry baby whilst DS can still use the pushchair? Surely it would be easier geeting DS out of a pushchair to get onto a bus whilst new baby is in a sling, rather than getting baby out of pram and trying to hold baby and pram etc?

Just thought that a pram had a short shelf life IYSWIM? (you can tell I am not a fan of prams)!

Mum2Ela Fri 20-Feb-04 15:54:23

Just thought, perhaps you were referring to pram as a pushchair, rather than a pram as an old fashioned pram type thing?

Soory to misunderatnd if that is what you meant!

Clayhead Fri 20-Feb-04 15:59:00

mum2ela, I did the sling/buggy thing for the first few months of having 2 and found it worked for me too.

fairydust Fri 20-Feb-04 16:48:42

m2t have u seen these

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Category.aspx/BruHome/BruTravel/BruTravelPushchairs/BruTravelPushchairsTravelSystems?ref=BruHome%2fBruTravel

ClearWater Fri 20-Feb-04 18:12:38

M2T, have you tried Ebay? Sometimes you can get a new/virtually new buggy on there.

M2T Mon 23-Feb-04 13:39:07

Thanks everyone, lots to consider here! Mum2ela - I did mean a pram/pushchair rather than an old fashioned thingy. The buses here are low loaders so you can just wheel the buggy on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: