Bugaboo Bee plus(3 Posts)
I am thinking of getting the bugaboo bee plus for my first baby due in December. I'd really like some feed back on how people have found it before I make a decision. Has anyone had any problems with it?
I've had two. The first one I had was stolen and I had a gap of 3 months where I was just using a baby carrier before the second one arrived. That was a couple of weeks ago and it is already getting on my nerves. I loved it when she was a tiny baby as she was very comfortable in the cocoon and it's a dream to push but now she's 8mo the niggles are becoming more of an issue.
- lovely snug cocoon for a newborn;
- easy to push;
- fairly alright basket underneath;
- good buggy board design for my 3yo;
- hood gives good coverage for protection from the sun;
- folds in one piece front and parent-facing.
- you need to spend an awful lot on accessories to make it work properly e.g. can't be used without the cocoon for a newborn, isn't padded enough for an older baby without the seat liner or footmuff. That's £200+ before you've even begun;
- the crotch strap really isn't long enough (too short to do up DD's harness and she's 8mo) and this is a known fault;
- the chassis scratches really easily and the foam on the handle separates;
- in parent-facing mode it's a bit of a pig to unfold as my foot keeps catching the seat;
- you need both hands to fold and unfold it;
- it takes up most of my boot and I don't have a small car.
I was umming and ahhing about replacing the first one but decided to go for it and wish I hadn't. If I could do it over again I'd use my Caboo and Ergo carriers for the first 6 months and get a Babyzen Yoyo after that. I still might
I loved mine, which was also stolen from the hallway of our house. Seriously bear that in mind, as it's really common now - apparently one of the most quickly rising crimes in the UK!
I think all buggies have niggles. It was good for public transport (i live in London) and I don't use a car so walked miles with it and it's pretty lightweight. The foam wheel started making a screechy noise after 18 months and as it was from John Lewis with 2 year guarantee they sent us free replacement. Our neighbours had the micralite which was amazing but you do pay quite a bit more. I would definitely recommend the bugaboo bee plus.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.