Talk

Advanced search

Phil and Teds question - can anyone advise?

(7 Posts)
anchovies Sun 04-Jun-06 22:52:15

Have had our phil and teds e3 for our 2 ds's and really liked it when ds2 was a newborn. Ds2 was a big baby though and quickly outgrew the cocoon and now nearly fills the underneath bit at 3 months. He is already getting pretty miserable about being lay flat under there and I'm not sure if he'll be ok under there for another 3 months. I know he can't sit up for a while yet though as the seats can't recline at all. What do you do about sleeping? Is there a better pushchair option now, am seriously considering selling it.

bluebear Sun 04-Jun-06 23:28:23

Could you try doing up the zips at the sides - that will move the flat bed part to a slope rather than completely flat. Might not be all of the next 3 months - I know a lot of people move babies to the rear add-on seat sooner than the recommended 6 months of age ( think bearinthebigbluehous moved his at about 16 weeksish) - depends on the development of the baby's muscles etc.
Ours was stable even if the larger (2 and a half yr old) child went in the back add-on seat when the smaller one was in the main seat (they used to both want the back seat!) - so when he's a little bigger maybe you could try putting up the mainseat for him, and letting ds sit in the back, and seeing how it balances?
Good luck, it is a smashing buggy, compared to most doubles.

bluebear Sun 04-Jun-06 23:29:53

Just remembered, we used to dangle lots of toys over the baby too, maybe a combo of dangly toys and sloping bed will cheer him up?
Apologies if you've tried this already.

BearintheBigBlueHouse Mon 05-Jun-06 09:22:31

13 weeks ackcherly and he slept fine in there with a head hugger thingy

JoshandJamie Mon 05-Jun-06 09:45:33

Mine didn't like lying flat either and didn't fit in the flat bed anyway after 3 months. I think I moved him to the back seat at 4 months - and he was fine.

But now it's a nightmare as he's 8 months old and he is fascinated by the wheels going round and sitting in the back means he can reach the wheels. I'm terrified he's going to get his fingers trapped.

Bagpuss30 Mon 05-Jun-06 10:02:11

We moved ds from 16 weeks too.

JoshandJamie, did you know that P&T's now do wheel guards for the back wheels? I spotted them on their website a few weeks ago although I'm not sure you can get them here yet.

JoshandJamie Mon 05-Jun-06 17:25:49

Bagpuss, thanks for letting me know. I just checked their website and saw them but couldn't see how you buy them - need to look again or at stockists. Take a look at this link which says they don't think the buggy is safe for exactly this reason: the baby touching the wheels.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=104846&catId=100510&tid=100008&p=1&title=Stroller+seats

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: