Talk

Advanced search

Milk: Organic or Cravendale?

(14 Posts)
Northerner Sun 04-Jun-06 09:16:29

I normally by Organic, if I've ran out my little shop doesn't sell Organic so I get Cravendale. We all prefer the taste of Cravendale and dh told me to buy it all the time.

Is their much difference do you think?

Elf1981 Sun 04-Jun-06 09:23:46

I always buy Cravendale. I prefer the taste. I may be wrong but dont they do an Organic Cravendale?

Northerner Sun 04-Jun-06 09:32:14

Have never seen Organic Cravendale. Now that would be the perfect solution!!

FrannyandZooey Sun 04-Jun-06 09:34:37

I find Cravendale a bit worrying for some strange reason. I don't in general like the idea of food that has been b*ggered about with.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 04-Jun-06 09:35:35

I don't mind the idea of cravendale, it's just filtered isn't it? We have a lot of brands of filtered milk back home.

But I think organic milk is likely to be better. Not least because (hopefully) it is from happier cows.

FrannyandZooey Sun 04-Jun-06 09:42:01

I sort of secretly suspect them of having done something else to it. No rational thought has gone into this paranoia

NannyL Sun 04-Jun-06 09:59:48

Go for organic milk.... happier cows.... not fed loads of crap.... not dosed up with anti-biotics..

Also consider breast feeding mums have to avoid some medicines cause it can get into breast milk milk.... is the same not true for cows? Yet they routinely fill them up with drugs etc to 'keep' them healthy

Orgainc milk is also naturaly higher im Omega oils which are so important

NotQuiteCockney Sun 04-Jun-06 10:01:24

Hmm, but you do realise that (almost all) the milk you buy has been pasteurised (heated up quite quickly), and most has been homogenised (I don't know how they do that).

Milk is relativel unprocessed, it's not a Turkey Twizzler, but it's not quite straight from the udder.

FrannyandZooey Sun 04-Jun-06 10:17:03

NQC, I don't actually buy cow's milk - we have soya milk, which is really unprocessed, right?

It tastes so much nicer, though. And I don't have to think about udders while drinking it (the only lactation in this house is done by me )

Elf1981 Sun 04-Jun-06 11:20:56

Here you are, all you need to know about Cravendale

expatinscotland Sun 04-Jun-06 11:25:10

organic. omega 3s.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 04-Jun-06 22:37:34

Hmm, F&Z, I think you may be unclear on how buying cow's milk works ... I don't actually have to get a lactating cow into the house, as it turns out.

(Is your house entirely vegan then? We seem to be running about 25% vegan meals, 50% vegetarian, 25% meat. Or something.)

FrannyandZooey Sun 04-Jun-06 22:41:17

No, we are not vegan at all. Every time I have tried I get too tempted by delicious CHEESE

We don't buy cow's milk, partly because it is an easy way to cut down on dairy produce (I would like to be vegan, for ethical reasons), partly because I think soya in moderation is a healthy food, and partly because I prefer the taste.

So you're saying you don't actually milk the cow yourself? So you have, like, a cow / wet nurse / pimp type arrangement?

NotQuiteCockney Sun 04-Jun-06 22:51:50

We have bottles on our doorstep. I'm a bit unclear about the whereabouts of the actual cow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: