Talk

Advanced search

Pushchair help!

(6 Posts)
Babymaker11 Fri 21-Jun-13 08:10:16

Hi all

I have a 7 month old and we have the bugaboo bee. But he's a big chap and everyone comments that he looks too big in the bee! The thing is I love Bugaboo...do I upgrade to the cameleon which looks more roomy? Does anyone know roughly how long a bugaboo cameleon will last me? I don't want it to be a big waste of money yet at the same time I don't want him to look so uncomfortable in the bee! Help!!

Skygirls Sat 22-Jun-13 00:06:29

The Chameleon should last til DC is around 4 years old, however you do need to take the seat off the base chassis if you need to fold it.

The Bee is more versatile in that it folds as one unit, but I agree that it looks small for a kid of over 14 months.

If it's just for urban use, then I'd go for the chameleon. Try looking on eBay or preloved for a 2nd hand one, as this will be more cost effective ( and you'll probably find some good bargains since the new cameleon 3 has come out).

I have a Maclaren sport buggy for travelling, as the cam is too much effort to bring abroad.

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 22-Jun-13 00:32:04

Have a look at Baby Joggers. I recently took my now 17mo out of a Bee+ into a City Mini GT and she's far happier in it, much as I loved the Bee. She's got oodles of room and is far more comfy.

khaleesidragon Sat 22-Jun-13 00:34:50

I have a 21 month old on the 90th centime still in a bee. Don't worry what other people think.

PoppyWearer Sat 22-Jun-13 01:32:26

I had a Cameleon for DC1 and she was tiny, I found it too big/bulky for us, so sold it.

DC2 was/is 95th centile height and we had a Bee for him. By about 18mo it was too small for him. I sold it and switched to a Maclaren.

I wouldn't go for a Cameleon now - you won't use the carrycot anyway so it's a waste of money.

Babymaker11 Sun 23-Jun-13 16:21:42

Reviews on the BJ city versa? Seems quite roomy? I'm confused,who would have thought this would be so hard!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now