Talk

Advanced search

Well I have a rat's costume to produce and it's harder than you might think....

(6 Posts)
MadameClarydeClary Wed 31-May-06 00:59:02

DS1 is a rat in the school leavers' play (it's an infant school and he's yr 2) - Pied Piper in case you were wondering.
Request is "brown, black or grey trosuers and T-shirt", easy enough you may suppose, but the thing is DS1 doesn't have many clothes. He wears school uniform and also grows fast, so he only has about 3 pairs of trousers that fit (unlike ds2 who thanks to a million pass-ons could dress the whole cast...if they were 3!).
Anyway, I have a short-sleeved grey T-shirt but feel sure long sleeved would be better, light brown trousers and dark grey school trousers.
Am happy to buy the bits but it's a case of where! Boys' clothes always have surfers/skateboarders/spiderman on.
So, anyone seen l/s plain light brown/dark grey T-shirts anywhere? Or even a plain grey pyjama set?? Any thoughts??

Chandra Wed 31-May-06 02:30:08

No idea, what about buying something like a white tracksuit and colour it in the washing machine? the colours are sold in Woolworths

MadameClarydeClary Wed 31-May-06 08:06:58

thanks for that thought Chandra, hadn't thought about dying.
Quick bump for the morning crowd....

sugarfree Wed 31-May-06 08:16:16

Don't forget only cotton dyes true.Have you tried charity shops?

BettySpaghetti Wed 31-May-06 08:22:08

Places like Tescos tend to have cheap, plain t-shirts and pyjamas. You could then dye them the right colour.

I had a similar problem pre-Christmas last year trying to find plain black trousers/joggers for DD to be a sheep -every pair had glitter and diamantes on! In the end Boots came up trumps in their range of basics (not the MiniMode stuff).

Orlando Wed 31-May-06 08:29:29

My dd's class are doing the same play and she is the king rat-- I have to find the grey stuff and a leather jacket, fgs!!!

Have been silently fuming about the jacket part for some weeks, but hadn't even thought about the grey. Now am stressed about both!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: