Talk

Advanced search

playhouses - do you have one?

(20 Posts)
fez Tue 30-May-06 19:58:42

where did you get yours and would you recommend the people you bought it from? looking for a wooden one for ds1 and ds2.

Weatherwax Wed 31-May-06 07:45:26

outdoor toys direct They have a very fast service although when they say lunch time they mean about 8am in my experience. The hard work is in preparing the ground, giving the wood another coat of wood preserver and putting it together, all whilst dodging the rain!

indignatio Wed 31-May-06 07:58:07

We have this one waltons payhouse great - steps on the outside so you can see if they fall off - great view over the garden - not huge inside - but doesn't seem to matter - ground prep not a problem as we used 4 metal fence post holders - green garden stain/preservative lovingly coated before assembly took forever - but well worth it

Blackduck Wed 31-May-06 08:53:40

We have the waltons and I have to say I wouldn't recommend it - it cost alot and timbers were split and shoddy. Also takes major assembly and preferably by someone who knows what they are doing (FIL)

fez Thu 01-Jun-06 13:01:25

thanks. anyone else have any experiences to share?

twinsetandpearls Thu 01-Jun-06 13:13:44

We inherited ours when we bought our house, it was bought from B and Q and has taken a battering as it gets windy wet and rather wild up here. OUrs is about four years old and is looking a bit faded but it is nothing a bit of varnish could fix.

I think it cost about £200, our one isn't listed on the website but they do have many others.

B&Q playhouses

DD plays in it all the time, as do her friends when they come round. I would definetly recommend it.

Blackduck Thu 01-Jun-06 13:14:55

don't get me wrong - ds loves his - but I think it was a lot of money considering how shoddy it is......

twinsetandpearls Thu 01-Jun-06 13:16:38

Ours is this one or very similar and it is cheaper from this website.

I love the castle on here.

Auntymandy Thu 01-Jun-06 13:19:57

ours is the bog standard cheapy from toys r us. Dont think they would get any more use out of a more expensive one!

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Thu 01-Jun-06 13:21:27

have been recommending this to all and sundry as it's as cheap as a plastic one but looks a hundred times better. (Also available here from the people Weatherwax recommended.)

twinsetandpearls Thu 01-Jun-06 13:22:15

I suppose it is very easy for me to say aren't they great when I actually never paid for mine!

Auntymandy Thu 01-Jun-06 13:22:32

like that!

twinsetandpearls Thu 01-Jun-06 13:23:18

WE are currently doing our garden up and want to buy balancing logs and climbing frames if anyone knows of anywhere.

Blackduck Thu 01-Jun-06 13:24:13

pricewise thats more reasonable...! My local shed centre also does them - and they are better quality than the waltons....

Kittypickle Thu 01-Jun-06 13:24:38

We have an old ferret shed ! The last people who lived here kept ferrets so it has been throughly disinfected, the outside is painted and the inside nearly is, lino on the floor and I'm going to make some curtains.DD & DS have stuck shells on the window. At the moment it has an old sideboard in to store toys, a toy cooker and a small table and chairs. It is something like 6ft x 8ft and I think it will last my two for many years and make a great teenage den when the time comes.

twinsetandpearls Thu 01-Jun-06 13:25:44

DD does adore hers she helped me choose fabric for the curtains and we have bought a rug for the inside and last year we made mosaic pots which we planted with flowers to go by the doors.

JILS Thu 01-Jun-06 13:26:36

I recommend B & Q as well. We paid about £150 and was well worth it. Very sturdy and well made. Think assembly was quite easy too!!

collision Thu 01-Jun-06 13:28:53

Is there a floor to that one MrsB?

I like it a lot. Just wish the weather would get better!!

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Thu 01-Jun-06 13:45:48

no floor, sorry - old picnic rug does very nicely!

fez Fri 02-Jun-06 13:59:37

i like the double storey waltons one but after what blackduck says......

hmm.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: