Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

little cheap heater?

(8 Posts)
Cappucino Tue 30-May-06 13:01:45

am bleeding freezing in basement study even on a sunny day like today and it seems pointless putting the heat on for the whole house so I can be warm in the cellar

what's the best tiny cheap heater for a small room?

Kelly1978 Tue 30-May-06 13:07:15

I have sometign like this by bionaire. Can't find my exact one, but it is very handy, thermostat controlled, plus works as a fan when it is too hot. Very small and portable too. Warmed up my big lounge no probs.

JanH Tue 30-May-06 13:20:00

£4.99!

You will have to keep switching it on and off yourself as it doesn't have a thermostat but that kind is annoying anyway as they cut in and out every other minute.

JanH Tue 30-May-06 13:21:35

(Check local store has stock in though - it might have been a spring clearance thing.)

Cappucino Tue 30-May-06 14:15:18

bugger no nearby homebase

i'm so cold I'm thinking about starting a fire in the middle of the carpet

JanH Tue 30-May-06 17:05:07

bugger indeed. I bet you could get something very similar elsewhere though - I'll have a quick google.

JanH Tue 30-May-06 17:15:41

£9.99 for similar (same?) at Argos

Tried tesco - nowt

Tried Woolies - page wouldn't load

B & Q - nowt

Focus DIY - nowt

Homebase have probably sold out of that one anyway!

Cappucino Tue 30-May-06 17:54:42

ooh aren't you googletastic! ta!

will go shopping tomorrow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: