Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

BABY EINSTEIN ACTIVITY CENTRE

(5 Posts)
JenJam Mon 29-May-06 22:58:43

Anyone got one of these or a competitor one?

Would you recommend?

What to look for?

What toys do 6 month old babies like best?

it's a stationary walker type thing..there are loads to choose from

Leapfrog
Safety first
Baby einstein

the mind boggles

any help deciding which to buy/first hand experience would be appreciated

bebejam Wed 31-May-06 08:48:30

JJ,

My six month old loves her baby einstein activity thingy. Though she likes it more when you sit and watch her play (which kind of defeats the purpose of why I bought it... so I could put her someplace while I get chores done)

If she thinks she's been fobbed off into it, then she gets a bit fussy, but does seem to delight in playing in in for about a half hour or so at a time.

btw- the baby einstein one is of very good quality and sturdily made with great toys. Would recommend it.

ntt Wed 31-May-06 08:56:03

I have two - the baby einstien and the leapfrog. My baby prefers the leapfrog

bebejam Wed 31-May-06 08:59:29

a caveat, it took baby a few days to get used to it. I also sometimes put other little toys in the tray area (like those fisher price blocks and balls) to keep it fresh.

ntt Wed 31-May-06 16:03:46

was in a rush earlier - wanted to say I don't know what I'd do without these - we had the leapfrog one for a few months before the einstein one and it worked so well we had to get another as he was becoming a little bit bored with the just the leapfrog. They're quite different really - the leapfrog is all electrical, with lights and sounds for everything, so very rewarding, where the einstein one has more traditional passive toys - apart from one electrical console with 5 bottons that plays tunes, but both are very good and safe. I've stuck on a few little plastic pots to put interesting bits and bobs in too. One last thing - the Leapfrog is now at it's highest setting, whilst the einstein is at it's lowest, so the einstein will probably last longer as your child grows. I would definitely recommend either - you'll get most of your money back on ebay too when your lo grows out of it. I got my Leapfrog from ebay so I'll probably get all my dosh back

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: